R2R Capital and Fixed Assets Team Lead
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Global Finance Services is at the heart of the Finance function - accountable to the AstraZeneca (AZ) Group for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes that enable our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities.
Our processes cover record to report, purchase to pay and order to cash and we drive AZ’s cash focus through disciplined management of supplier and customer payment terms and practices. GFO provides P2P/T&E process helpdesk services to internal AZ and external end users, including training support to internal AZ users. Plans are in place to extend the scope and internal customer coverage during 2017.
Global Finance Services operates globally through a combination of in-house captive and offshored business process outsourcing (BPO). The BPO element has been provided in partnership with our service provider partner Genpact since 2008.
As the successful role-holder, he/she is responsible to lead, motivate and develop members of a Global Capital and Fixed Assets transaction team within the wider process team ensuring that the global team operates to the highest standards of financial control, compliance and best practice, ensure quality and accurate delivery of services within agreed key performance indicators (KPIs) and as defined in the Service Level Agreement (SLA), develop knowledge and capability in team members to raise competence to expected levels to meet current and future business needs and contribute process and technical expertise to process improvement initiatives as outlined in APBS scorecard.
- Manage the development and performance of the Global Capital and Fixed Assets transaction team to achieve efficient processing and effective team working.
- Ensure adequate resource planning to maintain acceptable service levels according to SLA.
- Drive development & changes in systems and process improvement initiatives as outlined in APBS scorecard. This includes reviewing updated process documentation.
- Ensure a high level of understanding of the local business requirements and implement and operate financial controls and governance to a standard that ensure Sox, Financial Controls Framework and Audit requirements are met.
- Review the KPI metrics related to the function and provide commentaries & root cause analysis where required for further discussion with the Global Capital Process Delivery Lead.
- Take the lead in issue resolution on BAU operational matters.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with local business to deliver performance and implement best practice.
- Review entries posted by team to ensure accuracy. Ensure month-end closing and reporting activities are performed accurately and timely by the team including preparing and analysing Balance Sheet reconciliation reports within specified timescales. Works with Local Country to resolve long outstanding items reflected in the accounts.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Finance and Accounting, including a minimum of 1 - 2 years of
experience managing transactional accounting teams, in a performance driven environment.
- Degree or Diploma in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent with professional qualifications e.g.
- Knowledge and experience in SAP or other ERP / Accounting systems and may have trained or guided
others in the applications.
- Good communication skill and able to communicate effectively in English.
- Experience of working in a shared service center across a global/large organization and migration projects will be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of US GAAP and IFRS capital related accounting treatments is desirable.
- Travelling is required during transition phase.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.