R2R Capital and Fixed Assets - Associate Analyst
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Global Finance Services (GFS) is the heart of the AZ Finance function. We are accountable for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes which, combined with outstanding business analysis and insight, enables our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities.
Our remit covers record to report, procure to pay and order to cash, tax, planning & forecasting and management reporting, to customers across AZ Globally in Commercial, Science, Operations & Enabling Functions, Tax, Treasury and Group Finance. AstraZeneca’s Finance function is continuing its transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in financial operations.
You will be responsible to carry out transaction processing activities within R2R Global Lease team to meet the needs of both internal and external customers. As part of your tasks in daily accounting activities and month-end close, you will also ensure quality and accurate delivery of services within agreed guidelines as well as participate in process improvement initiatives outlined in our company.
- Deliver professional and consistent service to global customers.
- Perform R2R Lease transaction processing adhering to global and local guidelines.
- Carry out all reporting requirements accurately within specified timelines.
- Analyses accounting entries, identify and resolve issues with supervision.
- Prepares Balance Sheet Reconciliations following the Global Policy within specified timelines. Collaborates with various parties to resolve outstanding items.
- Support the development/changes in systems, transactions and processes. This includes preparing and updating process documentation.
- Work collaboratively with internal customers and stakeholders.
- Compliance to SOX / FCF controls.
- Support statutory audit requirements.
- Degree in Accounting & Finance or equivalent Professional Qualification eg: ACCA/CIMA/CPA
- 1-2 years of accounting & finance work experience.
- Fresh graduates currently pursuing professional qualification are also encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge and experience in SAP, Oracle or similar ERP system.
- Shared service centre working experience across a global/large organization is an added advantage.
- Good communication skills.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.