AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Global Finance Services (GFS) is at the heart of the Finance function - accountable to the AstraZeneca (AZ) Group for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes that enable our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities.
Our Purchase to Pay (P2P) team within GFS is responsible for processing invoices and making payments to our suppliers, reimbursing expenses to employees, managing vendor & contract data, processing purchase orders and ensuring process and policy compliance. As the successful role holder, you will be accountable for the P2P operational process delivery of the local country processes.
The key responsibilities will include:
- Perform the various tasks related to handling invoice and T&E transaction processing including resolving basic queries and investigations in a timely manner in the area of P2P.
- Carry out AP closing activities accurately including preparing and analyse BS reconciliation reports within specified timescales. Prepares and produces monthly reports as assigned and identify long outstanding items reflected in the accounts.
- Support the development/changes in systems, transactions and processes. This includes preparing and updating process documentation and process improvement initiative.
- Support team lead and team members in activities to enhance the effectiveness of the team. This includes helping new joiners to successfully settle into their new role in their stream.
- Ensure compliance to key controls as identified in the FCF/SOX documentation.
- Generate and compile KPI metrics related to P2P function at month end and as/when required.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Candidates must have a Degree in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent.
- Possess 1-2 years of accounting work experiences.
- Graduates pursuing a professional qualification (Part Time) in ACCA, CIMA or any other relevant qualification are encouraged to apply.
- Have knowledge and experience in SAP, Oracle or other ERP system.
- Experience of working in a shared service centre across a global /large organization will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skill and able to communicate effectively in English.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.