P2P Analyst (Japanese Speaker)
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Global Finance Services is at the heart of the Finance function - accountable to the AstraZeneca (AZ) Group for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes that enable our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities.
Our processes cover record to report, purchase to pay and order to cash and we drive AZ’s cash focus through disciplined management of supplier and customer payment terms and practices. GFO provides P2P/T&E process helpdesk services to internal AZ and external end users, including training support to internal AZ users. Plans are in place to extend the scope and internal customer coverage during 2017.
Global Finance Services operates globally through a combination of in-house captive and offshored business process outsourcing (BPO). The BPO element has been provided in partnership with our service provider partner Genpact since 2008.
The purchase to pay (P2P)) team within Global Finance Services is responsible for processing invoices and making payments to our suppliers, reimbursing expenses to employees, managing vendor & contract data, processing purchase orders and ensuring process and policy compliance. We operate across all our employees and everyone can buy and travel if the role requires (59,700 employees). We pay over 1 million invoices a year with a value of over $1bn a month and pay over 760,000 travel and expense claims for employees with a value of $640M a year. Partnering with our helpdesk we handle approx. 40000 helpdesks queries a year.
As the successful role holder, you will report to the Team Lead and you will be accountable for carrying out transaction processing activities within a specified process area* to meet the needs of both internal and external customers, in accordance with agreed service levels and in compliance with internal controls..
- Deliver professional and consistent service to customers. Support in resolving Local Country inquiries for P2P function.
- Perform various tasks related to, and established for, handling transaction processing within well defined guidelines, including resolving basic queries and investigations in a timely manner in the area of P2P.
- Carry out all reporting requirements accurately and within specified timescales. Analyzes the accounting entries, identify and resolve issues with supervision. Carry out all reporting requirements accurately and within specified timescales. Prepares and produces monthly reports as assigned, highlight and rectify any identified anomalies.
- Support the development/changes in systems, transactions and processes. This includes preparing and updating process documentation.
- Work collaboratively with internal customers and stakeholders.
- Support team lead and team members in activities to enhance the effectiveness of the team. This includes helping new joiners to successfully settle into their new role in their stream.
- Ensure compliance to key controls as identified in the FCF/SOX documentation.
- Generate and compile KPI metrics related to P2P function at month end and as/when required.
- Support Senior Analyst or Team Lead when there are any ad hoc activities or project.
- Candidates must have at least Degree in Finance & Accounting/Commerce or equivalent.
- Possess 1-2 years of accounting work experiences.
- Candidates pursuing a professional qualification (Part Time) in ACCA, CIMA or any other relevant qualification are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge and experience in SAP, Oracle or other ERP system will be an added advantage.
- Experience of working in a shared service centre across a global /large organization will be an added advantage.
- Good communication skill and able to communicate effectively in English and Japanese.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.