Medical Scientific Liaison
AstraZeneca is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, with a broad range of medicines designed to fight disease in important areas of healthcare: cardiovascular, diabetes, respiratory and cancer.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to achieve our shared goals no matter where you start with us.
This role is key to the implementation of activities for establishment of scientific leadership of AstraZeneca (AZ). This includes development and improvement of professional relationships with healthcare professionals, building deep scientific understanding of AstraZeneca compounds. As well as, driving positive opinions for the scientific and clinical value of AZ compounds for patients’ needs. You will also deliver medical education and clinical support to medical professionals, training sales teams and involvement in development of brand strategy. You may also be involved in the approval of product materials and to respond to medical queries.
Build, improve and maintain the engagement with scientific leaders (OLs) and key stakeholders
- Design and implement OL engagement plan and identify HCPs with high levels of scientific expertise in local treatment practice to collaborate on specific medico marketing activities
- Develop own scientific knowledge for discussion on all aspects of the data to be shared with OL in a scientific, objective and fair way through one on one discussions
- Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved AZ products or unapproved uses of approved products, presenting such information in an objective, scientifically balanced, substantiated manner
- Find opportunities to collaborate with external stakeholders and provide scientific support in CME events and through appropriate medical sponsorships
Develop or initiate scientific programs to explore unmet medical needs in priority disease area(s)
- Work with HCPs in scientific activities that help advance disease understanding
- Conduct basic discussions on clinical trials in terms of study design and feasibility
Be the scientific expert in priority disease area(s) for key stakeholders
- Provide the internal stakeholders with an understanding of the local medical community, clinical practice, trends and real or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment, competitor information
- Provide regular update on scientific knowledge on the therapeutic area (TA), partnerships with HCPs or in the context of medical projects
- Initiate and conduct appropriate training and development on information regarding current and emerging clinical data and emerging trends clinical medicine and practice within TA
- Your education background is in science, preferably a degree, masters or PhD in a top university or a qualified doctor
- You have experience in project management and a keen interest in pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- You desire to continuously develop your scientific expertise and the multiple aspects within medical affairs and regulatory
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.