Medical Representative (Diabetes)
AstraZeneca is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, with a broad range of medicines designed to fight disease in important areas of healthcare: cardiovascular, diabetes, respiratory and cancer.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to achieve our shared goals no matter where you start with us.
As a medical representative, your role is to positively influence customers’ prescribing behaviour to achieve sales targets. Develop territory and build strong customer relationships with the objective of maximizing sales volume and market share of designated products on a given territory.
- Effectively implement sales strategy and tactics, plan of action (POA) in accordance with company policies
- Regularly monitor territory’s sales performance to initiate appropriate actions to ensure performance is in line with objectives
- Facilitate enlistment of newly launched and key products in hospitals and clinics by planned date
Territory Business Planning
- Conduct analysis of market/competitors to identify territory business opportunities
- Develop territory Business Plan based on POA and allocate resources (e.g. call activities, budget), for optimal sales impact
- Monitor territory business plan to ensure resources are directed to customers of greatest potential
- Participate in promotional activity programs to increase product awareness in the market
Customer Focus and Service
- Update territory customer segmentation classification, database and call records continuously
- Deliver key promotional messages within approved detail aids and in line with POA
- Build trust and credibility with customers by demonstrating professionalism acting within the AZ Code of Conduct
- Check stock and advise on customer inventories
- Explore and expand new customer base in line with Sales Force Effectiveness guidelines
- Submit Monthly reports commenting on deviations from Business Plan and intended actions to align performance with objectives
- Ensure punctual delivery of reports/ synchronization of ETMS Veeva
- Develop behaviours leading to enhanced effectiveness as outlined in MR Competency definitions
- Identify areas for self-development and discuss developmental needs with line manager
- Attend & actively participate in sales meetings, product and sales training
- You have a degree in science preferably an MBA from a top university
- You have sales experience and a keen interest in healthcare and pharmaceutical industries
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.