FP&A Operations Manager
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Global Business Services (GBS) is the heart of the AZ Finance function. We are accountable for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes which, combined with outstanding business analysis and insight, enables our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities. Our remit covers record to report, procure to pay and order to cash, tax, planning & forecasting and management reporting, to customers across AZ Globally in Commercial, Science, Operations & Enabling Functions, Tax, Treasury and Group Finance. AstraZeneca’s Finance function is continuing its transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in financial operations.
In this role, you are responsible in building, maintaining and developing robust relationships with the customers. This role is the key interface with functional leadership teams and will therefore need to build credibility and an in-depth understanding of business priorities and gain early insight into changing needs and requirements so as to deliver customer expectations effectively. You will be a visible ambassador for GFS, leading on all service matters, including measurement and performance, service change and service improvement initiatives, while working closely with respective Finance Business Partners.
Commitment to Customer
- Deliver world class customer service whilst adhering to all our financial controls and global processes.
- Monitor performance against SLAs and actively identify issues and areas for improvement
- Building strong strategic relationships with complex customer groups and senior partners, developing a deep understanding of the short-term and long-term business direction
- Act as primary point of contact and escalation for all service delivery or people performance issues. Manage issues by ensuring that correct resources are working on a timely resolution.
- Review all ad hoc requests and changes in business requirements made by their customers. Liaise with Finance Team Leads to prioritise and manage resource in responding to such requests.
- Support the standardisation of performance reporting process and outputs across all Operations sites and Enabling Functions, bringing insight and sharing knowledge and best practice.
- Facilitate discussions between relevant Global Process Owners, Service Delivery Leads & customer to ensure that impact of proposed standardisation and simplification changes are understood.
- Perform relevant financial controls (including but not limited to month end review, system sign off)
- You should be a qualified finance professional or equivalent with working experience of minimum 8 years.
- Experience of change management and building engagement
- Cross-boundary experience, including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally
- Experience on the finance processes in the scope of Global Finance Services
- Experience of working in a matrix organisation with proven ability in driving accountability across multiple teams
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.