Finance Analyst (Product Costing)
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Global Business Services (GBS) is the heart of the AZ Finance function. We are accountable for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes which, combined with outstanding business analysis and insight, enables our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities. Our remit covers record to report, procure to pay and order to cash, tax, planning & forecasting and management reporting, to customers across AZ Globally in Commercial, Science, Operations & Enabling Functions, Tax, Treasury and Group Finance. AstraZeneca’s Finance function is continuing its transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in financial operations.
Reporting, Planning & Forecasting
- Responsible for month end close surronding Product Costing activities
- Providing robust, quality month end financial information to business teams
- Interpret financial data, and use knowledge and understanding of customer’s business, to deliver quality variance analysis and insightful commentary for management reporting on a timely and accurate basis
- Proactive interaction with Business to provide inputs, challenge and outputs during forecasting updates
- Work with Finance Business Partners to determine and highlight risks and opportunities throughout the forecasting process and produce insightful analysis for inclusion in core planning presentations
Other role requirements
- Assist in better business decisions by provision of financial expertise and insightful analysis to all ad hoc queries in line with SLA, and provide support to on-going projects
- Ensure corporate governance standards are met, taking accountability for effective operation of relevant financial reporting controls
- Identify opportunities for standardisation and simplification across the process area on a continual basis
- The role holder will be a qualified finance professional or equivalent, with 2-4+ years accounting / controlling / FP&A experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing accounting and reporting
- English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management
- Experience of change management and building engagement
- Sound understanding of the finance processes in the scope of GFS
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.