Commercial Assurance Analyst
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that encourages innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energised and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Productivity Initiatives (PI) is an AstraZeneca function operating under the Group Finance. Our main aim is to embed a “smarter” spending culture and achieve significant and sustainable benefits for such benefits to be reinvested in our strategic priorities and support sustainable growth. We use data and analytics to explore and identify new opportunities across AstraZeneca.
PI has expanded its capability in assessing AstraZeneca’s suppliers’ compliance in financial / commercial terms of their respective contracts. This approach forms part of AstraZeneca’s supplier governance process. Our goal is measured by the visibility and transparency suppliers provide, enabling valuable insight beyond what the organisation already knows of its business relationships. We support by setting the appropriate and factually accurate data such as in the hands of business and procurement decision makers, to sustain and improve the value derived from their extended enterprise.
In this role, you will play an integral role throughout the PI process by performing contract compliance reviews on suppliers and providing data to support audit findings. You will be working end to end, from planning to execution, with a cross-functional team of professionals to evaluate, document, implement and make recommendations to the business.
You will have or be able to quickly develop analytical, problem-solving and communication skills. Training opportunities are available for the development of new skills and capabilities.
- Reviews contract terms and conditions to understand obligations in a contract and areas of risk
- Performs data analysis e.g. on the third parties’ expenses data to assist with testing the accuracy of costs passed on to AstraZeneca globally
- Performs process interviews at the third party to understand their key processes and controls
- Identify and calculate cost recovery opportunities through the identification of non-compliance with contract terms by a third party and cost saving opportunities through identification of improvement opportunities
- Interacts with global suppliers, business partners and internal stakeholders or external partners to provide updates on third party compliance status, lead requests for information and follow-up on projects until completion
- Professionally presents complex information, analysis, recommendations and creative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting/Commerce or equivalent with 3 to 5 years relevant experience such as in risk advisory / contract risk management.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of complex corporate environment and a good sense of business acumen
- Ability to apply knowledge of auditing techniques, analyse data and make suggestions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solution-oriented and willingness to speak up if an issue needs attention
- A curious mind and desire to keep learning
- Prior experience in contract management or contract compliance is desired but not required
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.