Business Analyst - FP&A Ops
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
We are trusted partners who are connected and integrated across the global enterprise, working closely with all functions from Commercial to Manufacturing. It opens up greater development opportunities for more responsibility on a global scale.
Join a team that supports the delivery of life-changing medicines for patients by enabling the rest of the business to run effectively and harness our transformative science. We’re on a journey of growth and evolution – to find better ways to translate value for the business and our patients.
Global Business Services (GBS) is the heart of the AZ Finance function. We are accountable for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes. These combined with an outstanding business analysis and insight has enables our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities. Our areas cover record to report (R2R), procure to pay (P2P) and order to cash. In addition, we also play a role in tax, planning & forecasting, and management reporting to customers across AZ globally in Commercial, Science, Operations & Enabling Functions, Tax, Treasury and Group Finance. AstraZeneca’s Finance function is continuing its transformation journey with the objective of delivering excellence in financial operations.
Reporting, Planning & Forecasting
- Responsible for month end close activities.
- Providing robust, quality month end financial information to business teams.
- Interpret financial data, and use knowledge and understanding of customer’s business, to deliver quality variance analysis and insightful commentary for management reporting on a timely and accurate basis.
- Proactive interaction with Business to provide inputs, challenge and outputs during forecasting updates.
- Work with Finance Business Partners to determine and highlight risks and opportunities throughout the forecasting process and produce insightful analysis for inclusion in core planning presentations.
- Responsible for month end close process, ensuring timely & accurate delivery of financial information to stakeholders.
- Ensure strong control environment across region – SOX and FCF.
- Ensure a healthy position of balance sheet.
- Statutory Reporting – Support in providing require documentation on financial information to auditors or tax authorities (if require).
- Assist in better business decisions by provision of financial expertise and insightful analysis to all ad hoc queries in line with SLA, and provide support to on-going projects.
- Ensure corporate governance standards are met, taking accountability for effective operation of relevant financial reporting controls.
- Find opportunities for standardisation and simplification across the process area on a continual basis.
- You are a qualified finance professional or equivalent, with at least 5 yearsaccounting/controlling/FP&A experience.
- Knowledge of manufacturing accounting and reporting will be an added advantage.
- English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management.
- Experience of change management and building engagement.
- Sound understanding of the finance processes in the scope of GFS.
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams.
- Have experience in SAP and Hyperion will be an added advantage
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. We only employ individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.