Associate Director Manufacturing
Would you like to apply your manufacturing operations expertise to impact and lead our fill finish & packaging operations? At AstraZeneca we follow the science and turn ideas into life changing medicines. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, drive to do more, and excited to make the next step in your career, then you must read on!
At our operations site in Nijmegen we fill, finish and pack life-changing and life-saving medicines for patients around the world. We are currently recruiting for an inspiring and engaging Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Director. This is an exciting opportunity to lead our innovative organisation through change and constant improvement whilst maintaining constant supply of medicines to patients in a safe and compliant way.
Associate Director Manufacturing
What will you be doing?
As the Director Manufacturing you have GMP and managerial responsibility for the activities with the Production and Engineering departments. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in Nijmegen you contribute to the results of the facility through definition of goals, compliance and budgetary objectives as well as HR management and participation on site safety programs. Together with your colleagues of the SLT you define the strategy for the next 5 years. You are a leader, coach and role model for our manufacturing team (25 fte, 6 direct reports). This will include motivating, developing and empowering your team to build an environment based on trust. You will drive crucial conversations to develop high achieving teams with the right capabilities for now and the future.
In addition you:
• are responsible for delivering strategy, also for future investment.
• are responsible for ensuring compliance of the facility with current Good Manufacturing Practices in the Netherlands.
• ensure that the day to day productions operations are maintained to the highest competent level to produce the required product with the highest standard of GMP.
• ensure that adequate systems and work processes are in place within the production department.
• you will constantly strive to improve the operations of production and engineering.
What do you bring?
The ideal candidate is a true leader with strong people management skills who brings proven (pharmaceutical) GMP manufacturing experience and evidence of embedding significant change. You are able to lead your team to deliver breakthrough results and transformational performance in a high paced production environment. In addition you bring or have:
• a Bachelor's or Master’s degree (for example in Life Science & Technology, Biology or Chemistry).
• at least 8 years production experience, including a minimum of 4 years in a managerial or senior team lead position.
• GMP experience (must).
• experience in delivering transformational change.
• strong experience in managing, leading, developing and coaching a team.
• demonstrated capability of guiding operational excellence (Lean) and other improvement trajectories.
• the ability to influence and motivate others.
• fluency in English (must) and ideally you bring (basic) knowledge of Dutch, or willingness to learn.
• Competences: result driven, able to deal with pressure.
What do we offer you?
We offer you an attractive remuneration and benefits package, including an attractive bonus scheme. In addition:
• we invest in our colleagues by supporting relevant training courses related to your particular discipline.
• (international) growth possibilities within the AstraZeneca company worldwide.
• excellent working conditions including 27 holiday days, the option to purchase an additional 10 days and 1 day of voluntary leave.
• up to 200 euros contribution to sports per year.
Various Minds. Bold Disruptors. Meaningful Impact.
Better quality of life and a longer life expectancy, despite a serious (chronic) illness. That is what the colleagues at AstraZeneca worldwide work for. We push the boundaries of science to develop treatments that make a difference, from the earliest possible detection of disease to the most appropriate care. Our work has a strong focus on oncology, cardiovascular and renal diseases, metabolic, respiratory and immune diseases, vaccines and immunotherapy.
Spread over six continents, 83,000 people work on groundbreaking science. At AstraZeneca in Nijmegen, biomedical medicines are produced, controlled and/or packaged, mainly for use in early clinical research, for example against cancer. With this we play an important role in the chain of research and development and the expansion of our extensive pipeline of new medicines. In Nijmegen we work with approximately 100 dedicated colleagues.
How to apply:
We would like to receive your English CV. For this, go to the apply button at the bottom of this vacancy. You can upload your CV and cover letter at the bottom of the second page.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, our Recruitment team (Karin Raadschelders, Caroline van Oppen) can be reached via email@example.com or on +31(0)85 - 047 0244.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.