Location: Newark, DE
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, Procurement? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact manufacturing in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
About the Role
Typically working in a complex, high spend environment, involving the implementation of strategic procurement activities. Works with the category leaders/managers and key customers to ensure successful implementation of strategic sourcing decisions. Within area of spend, take full accountability for successful implementation of contracts and ongoing contract and relationship management.
- Accountable for sourcing activities within a key area of spend or site (s) which is typically a high dollar value, complex in nature, may be multi-geographic locations
- Manage direct and indirect spend areas
- SAP , E-Procurement
- Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (Intermediate and/or Master level)
- Conducts commercial reviews of complex procurement projects and Statements of Work
- Sources materials and/or services and lead the preparation of and solicit competitive bids, quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions. Leads development of evaluation approach and assessments
- Develops contracts and leads negotiation on agreements for the supply of both standard and complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Maintains supplier relationships and resolves complex supplier issues including escalated cases
- Manages and documents risk discussions with suppliers, delving into risks in supplier’s supply chain
- Accountable for ongoing management of contracts as agreed with the Category Leader
- Advises on development of sourcing approaches based on Category Strategy and oversees the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Maintains a cost reduction, cost avoidance, cost containment program and reports it via the value database
Required Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree
- Relevant work experience (4 years) including experience within Procurement
- Industry and commodity experience
- Oral and written fluency in Business English
- Ability to use a range of influencing techniques
- SAP, excel proficiency
- Proved ability to manage multiple projects/tasks effectively
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Strong analytical and financial skills
Desired Skills, Education and Experience
- Professional Procurement qualification
- Proven experience of change management
- Project Management certification
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you. Apply today!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.