Lean Six Sigma Specialist / Lead - Newark, DE - Global Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The AstraZeneca Newark Supply Site in Newark, DE was established in 1971 and currently employs approximately 260 people. Over the course of these years, Newark has undergone many product portfolio changes since it first began as Stuart Pharmaceuticals through today as the designated AZ North America Packaging Center of Excellence and a Flexible Formulation site for the global supply of complex products. Newark is one of the few locations where it has end-to-end production; they formulate, produce and pack all at one site. And, supply and quality play a large role as well.
What you’ll do:
The successful candidate will be hired at either a Lean Six Sigma Specialist or Lead Lean Six Sigma level based on skills and their experiences.
- You will be responsible to establish and implement a common site approach for critical metrics, Lean/Six Sigma Tools and Continuous Improvement. Leads, coaches and facilitates the application of Lean/Six Sigma Tools including, but not limited to: DMAIC tool set, Process Behavior Charts and Value Stream Mapping.
- Coaches the Operational Excellence Engineers, PET and Support Services on process ownership approach and ensures the site follows Standard Ways of Working and have a process for improvement.
- Implement and improve process for overall Site Performance Reviews and provide process leadership for the annual goal and target setting process.
- Collaborate with both the leadership team and other team members, both at site and in US by working collaboratively—seeks input and demonstrates appreciation for diverse views and works across boundaries to establish common purpose and goals to deliver value to the business.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related area and 4 – 7 Years’ experience in Lean / Six Sigma projects and programs.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Training and/or certification from an American Society of Quality (or equivalent).
- Solid understanding of statistical process control concepts, data analysis, diagnostic tools and techniques and expertise in process & project management and improvement, knowledge of the DMAIC process, knowledge of Lean Tools such as VSM, Kaizen Blitz, etc. and proven ability to prioritize multiple projects.
Lead Level - all Specialist qualifications plus:
- 7 – 10 years industry related experience in Lean/Six Sigma projects and programs.
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt Training and/or certification from an American Society of Quality (ASQ) recognized program (or equivalent).
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Next Steps – Apply today!
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours. Curious to know more, then please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well-qualified for this opportunity. Know someone who would be an excellent fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.