Associate Scientist II / Scientist I
This position provides support for biotherapeutic projects, including but are not limited to development, validation, and conduct of immunoassays for determination of drug relevant biomarkers in biological matrices. Familiarity with GLP regulations is a plus.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Execute assay development, qualification and validation and sample testing of different types of phenotypic and functional assays in a timely manner
• Develop immunochemical and cell-based assays for measurement of potential pharmacodynamic
markers in biological matrices such as whole blood, serum and/or plasma
• Conduct bio-analytical sample analysis in support of Non-GLP pharmacology in vivo studies
• Prepare Standard Operating Procedures, validation protocols and reports and contribute to technical reports
• Maintain lab routines to ensure lab safety and instrument compliance
Education Required: Bachelor's or advanced degree in biological science or related field
Experience Required: Minimum 5 years relevant experience for bachelor degree and 2 years for master degree and Ph.D
• Strong background in immunoassay and cell-based assay development,
including experience with ELISA, MSD and other platforms
• Experience working with biological matrices such as whole blood, serum and
plasma a plus
• Knowledge of assay validation guidelines and GLP regulations a plus
• Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, and graphical computer programs
(MS EXCEL, MS WORD, Graphpad Prism, for example) required
• Teamwork in a matrix environment
• Ability for multi-tasks, experimental design and data interpretation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.