Technical Analyst - Operations IT
Technical Analyst – Operations IT – Mt Vernon, IN
At AstraZeneca, science is at the core of everything we do. But more than that, science is who we are. Our research sites are collaborative, innovative and dynamic environments that allow our scientists to keep pushing the boundaries. We work alongside scientists at leading institutions to better understand disease, identify potential new drugs and accelerate drug development. We’re also pioneers in creating a more open research environment.
The Technical Analyst - Operations IT delivers a range of interrelated onsite specialist service offerings, adhering to the Ops IT technical strategy to deliver effective solutions that meet customer and business needs. The role is accountable for the End to End Resolution of technical issues whilst operating within required quality and compliance standards. Focus areas include Incident resolution, Architectural review and consultation to new system implementation, support and consultation to business customers, Small change or service introduction coordination and local application specialism.
The role works across all functions and service delivery partners as well as Technical Business Analysts to ensure optimal service delivery is achieved.
- Delivery of Specialist Technical Support to the Operations IT estate that includes Formulation, Packaging, manufacturing, Quality and Compliance Systems, Laboratory and weigh and dispense functional areas.
- Consultation with customers to support and balance the needs for effect system management that include planned and unplanned periods of downtime whilst minimizing impact to business operations.
- Performs highly complex work activities covering technical and quality aspects. Contributes to the delivery of IT and OpsIT strategy. Creatively applies a wide range of technical and/or system management principles to identify the root cause and resolution of technical issues.
- Absorbs complex technical information and communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences. Assesses and evaluates risk. Understands the implications of new technologies.
- Working as part of a global team, will strive to deliver consistency and best practice across the globe
- Assists the user community in provision of transition support and change planning and liaises with project and service teams.
- Assesses risks inherent in proposed system changes, from a technical, service and architectural perspective to ensure system continuity.
Role Specific Accountabilities
- Accountable for ensuring delivery of IT services including identification and clarification of Service Elements, Scope of Service and Role of service within OpsIT
- Operate within the confines of the approved AstraZeneca Incident management system ServiceNow to ensure accurate and up to date reporting is achieved
- Contributes to the successful delivery of the Operations IT Portfolio
- Works with System Owners and the Service Delivery Teams to maintain system Management plan in accordance with local regulatory and compliance policies
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related technical discipline. Or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with IT clients in client support or business relationship management role is required.
- Technical proficiency in applicable technologies (database, system architecture, specialty computing, network, security, other)
- Ability to work and communicate within a global, culturally diverse, and fast-paced, team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry and knowledge of cGMP’s and Computer System Validation is desired.
- Experience in a complex, global, and outsourced IT organization is preferred.
- Experience with IT data center and network operations desired.
- Understanding of manufacturing systems network architecture and ISA-95 control system standards are desired. Knowledge of application infrastructure preferred.
- Prefer experience managing applications commonly used in GxP manufacturing plants such as Pas-X, OSI PI, Factory Talk, Empower
*** Internal FYI - role can be filled at either the CL C or CL D grade level.
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, gender or gender orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.