Supply Planner - Formulation, Packing & CMO - Mt. Vernon - Global Operations
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Supply Planner - Formulation, Packing, & CMO in Mt. Vernon, IN, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world – 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we’re focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that’s full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients.
The Supply Planner – Formulation, Packing, and CMO ensures successful production planning outcomes by providing ownership and oversight of all short and mid-term planning activities. The role provides analytical support to the PET and is accountable for managing several inventory and SOX processes to ensure appropriate financial reporting and controls.
- Manage the operational supply chain planning with responsibility for given Product assortments/Resources.
- Conduct great customer focus to enable high levels customer service, optimal inventory and lead times based on agreed goals/KPIs.
- Collaborate with PET members, Asset Planner, Procurement and Distribution/Logistics. Taking active part in different projects that links to planning is also part of the responsibilities.
- Incorporate conventional activities associated with end-to-end supply to customer with a specific skill and behaviour set associated with working with production, customers, and stakeholders globally at various levels.
- Responsibility for supply from one or more assets to multiple associated customers and has authority to make operational decisions with customers that ensure the timely supply of product whilst maximising efficiencies for the business.
- Works and communicates on a daily basis around orders, delivery plans, forecasts, stock levels etc in order to make the right decisions and prioritisations with the customer, production, and supplier in focus.
- Work is executed in a global high-paced environment, with strong focus on cross-functional collaboration with other roles such as PET leadership team, PET production, QA, Asset Planners, Distribution/Logistics, Pack Change, Project Managers and Procurement. The nature of the role with a high number of internal and external contacts requires the ability to be flexible and constantly prioritise and make assessments on where time best is spent in order to operate effectively.
Principal accountabilities include:
- Coordinate supply of products in alignment with our customer’s demand and agreed stock levels, following process for agreed supply method (VMI/CMI), ensuring stock levels are in line with RBU.
- Build and develop effective relationships with customers in a given portfolio.
- Have sufficient skills and knowledge of the artwork change management processes to deliver changes to product’s packaging materials in cooperation with pack change teams and purchasing, in line with market implementation dates.
- Compliance: Ensure transactional activities are carried out in line with DoA, GMP and with Segregation of Duty principles.
- Operates predominantly in the short term to midterm planning horizon, 0-6 months, balancing demand with supply to ensure robust, executable supply plans are in place.
- Accountable for correct demand signals up streams in the supply chain, e.g. material requirement plans.
- Work to planning standards for given Product assortments/Resources (internally produced material).
- Responsible for Master Data quality for assigned product portfolio.
- Replenishment Planning of AZ inventory pockets.
- Day to day Production and PET engagements
- Primary contact for VMI AZ pack sites (regarding day to day supply)
- Ensure operational plans are correctly reflected in system.
- Running and appropriately acting on APO Alert monitoring.
- Actively review standards and ways of working to lead sharing of knowledge and best practices.
- Proactive work with Practical Problem Solving and Continuous Improvements in cross-functional teams.
- Work with KPI monitoring by in-depth root cause analysis to identify and work with improvements.
- Adheres to service agreements for Contract Manufacturing Operations, if applicable.
- Detailed Scheduling of batches on assets to maximize efficiency, reduce change overs, while maintaining overall supply plan as applicable.
- Works with and maintains daily control of SAP ECC by updating process order dates and communicating schedule changes to the impacted Supply Planner if scheduling assignment differs from planning assignment
- Provides an integrated schedule for commercial production, experimental, clinical, and acceptance batches taking into account changeovers, cleans, swabs, and preventative maintenance if applicable
- Bachelors Degree in Logistics, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years professional work experience with a minimum 2 years experience in supply chain management, demand/supply/materials planning and/or a related discipline.
- Individuals are required to work within and demonstrate the AZ values.
- APICS certification.
- Strong knowledge of Pharmaceutical production supply chain principles, GMP, FDA.
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet/data base applications.
- Experience working with SAP, particularly APO module.
- Knowledge of AZ global supply chain operations organization and strategy.
- Experience working in a LEAN manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience.
- Process Ownership expertise.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.