Supply Chain Manager / Asset Planner - Mt. Vernon - Global Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Mt. Vernon site was established in 1972 and is the flagship site delivering innovative, life changing oral solid medicines. At the site we formulate and pack OSD tablets, capsules, powders and liquids to over 60+ markets. The Mt Vernon site is the largest AZ production site in the US and is located in the southwest corner of the state of Indiana, approximately 15 miles from Evansville, Indiana – the third largest city in the state of Indiana. The Mt. Vernon site is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives.
We are a team of results-oriented people, who want to go far, and we’re all here to achieve. It’s what drives us to be proactive and solutions-focused. At every stage of production, we step up and take accountability to deliver, each of us feeling responsible for the outcomes. What we do is important and valued – we make a real-life difference to patients.
The Supply Chain Manager / Asset Planner is accountable for managing the site-based elements of global supply chains. It has both supply execution and tactical planning responsibilities, with local planning focusing on securely managing the short to mid-term plan within the framework of the optimal global long-term product supply plan, which will have been developed with their input.
This position could be located at other sites in the US.
What you’ll do:
- Accountable for managing the site-based elements of global supply chains. It has both supply execution and tactical planning responsibilities, with local planning focusing on securely managing the short to mid-term plan within the framework of the optimal global long-term product supply plan, which will have been developed with their input.
- Balance supply and demand on assigned assets.
- Ensure customer service whilst optimizing site capacity usage and inventory within the given supply chain tactical plan framework, fully representing the site’s commitments to the global supply chain plan.
- Collaboration with other functions, sites, senior stakeholders and customers are of great importance, therefore communication skills are of great importance and a key to success.
- Provide key supply chain knowledge to PET leadership teams and collaborate with PET leadership teams to secure a mid to long term strategic supply plan, balancing cost, inventory and customer service target.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 - 10 years in Supply Chain Environment (Manufacturing, Planning)
- Proficient in SAP APO
- Advanced supply chain (capacity and inventory) planning skills and experience in managing and developing solutions for supply chain events
- Understanding of different supply methods (IRL, VMI/CMI, Flow, Kanban)
- Understanding of supply chain planning parameters, master data and master data integrity & quality
- Experience in collaboration with the key interfaces within the end to end supply chain, with manufacturing and between supply chain and commercial functions
- Stakeholder management on a continuous basis (including at a senior level)
- Excellent communications, influencing and collaboration skills required to manage a multitude of customers and stakeholders.
- Master’s degree with orientation around planning/supply chain.
- APICS - CSCP Certification.
- Technical skills and experience related to pharmaceutical manufacturing operations is a plus. Factory Physics knowledge is preferred.
- Knowledge of SAP and Excel are desired.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this great opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be an excellent fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.