Sr Manager - Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) - Mt Vernon - Global Operations
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a Sr Manager - Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) in Mt. Vernon, IN, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. Operations at AstraZeneca is a truly world-class business unit. It offers one of the most exciting, fast paced, challenging and rewarding work environments in the world of operations, supply chain and manufacturing.
Global Operations is fundamental to our purpose of delivering life-changing medicines to patients, touching every aspect of our business and providing a platform for everything that we do. We harness the specialist talents of 13,000 people around the world – 20% of our global workforce. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we’re focused on supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Keen to bridge the gap between science and patients? Turn research into reality? And forge a global career that’s full of possibilities, as part of a world-class team? Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and supportive culture and make a real difference to patients.
The Sr Manager - Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)is the process owner for Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), driving successful deployment, building capability and implementing Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) across the MTV Supply site. The TPM Lead will be a TPM subject matter expert and will excel in coaching, transferring, and building these skills in others. The individual will lead the transformation of TPM to Production and Maintenance. The TPM Lead will work closely with Mount Vernon (MTV) leadership and global TPM resources to drive loss elimination to meet/exceed business objectives. Success will be measured by the ability to engage employees to achieve tangible results via efficient & effective TPM implementation. Responsibilities will also include the proper application of AZ Supply System including the TPM Playbook. The key focus is to drive higher business performance by rigorous TPM process improvement.
The Sr Manager - Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) provides a range of services to the Operations and Maintenance functions at the MTV site, including:
- Asset improvement and maintenance excellence
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Predictive/Preventative Maintenance
- Driver of Autonomous Maintenance, with Specific Emphasis on Clean, Lubricate, Inspect, Tighten (CILT)
- Maintenance Engineering technology stewardship
- Identification, translation and delivery of predictive maintenance engineering technologies
- Product and process design and improvement
- Early Equipment Management
The Sr Manager, TPM will serve as the Business Process Owner (BPO) for Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) will be responsible for the management and ownership of the TPM framework in Operations providing strategy and operational leadership regarding the definition, design and ongoing improvement work for delivering a standardized and executable process for Total Productive Maintenance at MTV. To be successful in this role, the BPO will need to have a broad and comprehensive understanding of Total Productive Maintenance. Using this understanding to leverage improvements and capability uplift across site organizations to enable TPM to become a part of everyday ways of working and site operational decisions. It is required to have expert knowledge of the application of TPM and how this contributes to achieving the objectives of the business.
This role will lead the definition, design and ongoing improvement work in the process area to ensure that existing and future business requirements are met within the global process framework; constantly drive for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the process based on KPI’s while maintaining appropriate control and integration with other business areas. Work closely with the OPEX group to ensure that the TPM methodology aligns to the principles of the AstraZeneca Supply system, is fully integrated into the Global Lean Framework and is established as a core competence for Operations.
- Share the global standards and procedures for TPM in MTV Operations ensuring proper alignment integration across all functions. Drive adherence to direct the activities to maintain and enhance the use of the computerized maintenance management system to ensure proper data collection, record-keeping and reporting. Accurate data collection is essential in meeting FDA documentation requirements, cost accounting requirements and measuring maintenance and storeroom performance.
- Drives SAP PM Utilization to meet business needs. Participates in SAP enhancements, upgrades and fixes and assists site business owner with data analytics focus.
- Develops and implements effective site KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) based on SAP master and transactional data. Coordinates yearly audits, links outputs to drive a continuous improvement environment.
- Identifies and implements Lean business opportunities with regards to Work Order and asset Life Cycles.
- Assists with managing expense budgets providing support to ABU and RBU process, monitor monthly expense, and conduct variance analysis.
- Provides effective leadership, career development and performance management for direct reports.
- This is primarily a day shift role; however, as this role is accountable for multishift activities, there is a requirement to periodically work off-shift and weekend shifts to engage all FME personnel in continuous improvement and system ownership activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in manufacturing engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related discipline; Master’s Degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience required
- Technical / Professional knowledge and skills in TPM
- Expertise in process & project management and improvement
- Working knowledge of the DMAIC process
- Working knowledge of Lean Tools
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective internal consulting skills with all levels of management.
- Building collaborative working relationships
- Change Management and Engagement of all Levels
- Communication, Stakeholder Management and Influencing
- Master's Degree preferred
- Training or experience in the applicable following technologies: mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, , vacuum technology, electronics, programmable logic controllers, , test equipment for electrical and mechanical trouble shooting.
- Strong Preference to have Experience working in a LEAN manufacturing environment
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.