Senior Maintenance Mechanic
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Mt. Vernon site was established in 1972 and is the flagship site delivering innovative, life changing oral solid medicines. At the site we formulate and pack OSD tablets, capsules for over 60+ markets. The Mt Vernon site is the largest AZ production site in the US and is in the southwest corner of the state of Indiana, approximately 15 miles from Evansville, Indiana – the third largest city in the state of Indiana. The Mt. Vernon site is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives.
Site Supply Planning within Mount Vernon Operations manages the material flow through the factory, enabling us packaging and processing areas to produce stock for customer orders. Post manufacture, the department also manages all product storage and shipment to over 100 countries globally. Divided into several departments, the function plans all aspects of the manufacturing process, liaising closely with our procurement team, inbound and outbound warehouses, line support teams and customer and distributor liaison. It is therefore vital that systems are managed and controlled in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Shift 1/2nd Rotating Every 2 Weeks. 2 weeks 6am-2:30pm/ 2 weeks 2pm- 10:30 PM
Brief Job Description
The Senior Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for multi-craft maintenance activities in assigned functional areas to ensure production and/or facility equipment operates efficiently.
and in compliance with FDA requirements.
- Perform Preventive and Predictive Maintenance on equipment in the assigned areas including inspections, calibrations, and scheduled overhauls or improvements.
- Use analytical troubleshooting skills to recognize equipment problems, identify true cause, and recommend/implement solutions that prevent problem reoccurrence.
- Perform mechanical and electrical equipment repairs in the assigned area including equipment adjustments and fabrication.
- Troubleshoot and resolve control system and instrumentation issues.
- Work with Supervisors, Operators, Engineers, and other Mechanics/Technicians to identify and implement opportunities to improve equipment/production efficiencies.
- Participate in cross-functional teams as assigned to support continuous improvement, quality improvements, and equipment installation/modification.
- Provide training/coaching as needed to other mechanics and operators.
- Perform and document work in compliance with SOP’s, Safety Health & Environment (SHE) standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). To include work orders, PMs, logbooks, and permits.
- Respond to multiple equipment/production problems and prioritize or change assignments as needed to meet production demands.
- Uses computer systems including, but not limited to, e-mail, CMMS, and Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) Database.
- Effectively communicates problems and issues to peers and management thru verbal and documented communication.
- Executes work in compliance with GMPs, site policies, work instructions, and SOPs.
- Immediately reports deviations related to products or equipment that could compromise. product quality or safety.
- Maintains a safe work environment by following all Health & Safety policies and procedures; immediately reports potential unsafe conditions to supervision.
- Must be able to work as needed during other shifts and weekends when production and/or equipment maintenance coverage is needed.
- Performs other related duties assigned by supervision.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 5+ years’ experience in a pharmaceutical production environment or 8+ years as maintenance mechanic in an industrial production environment.
- Completion of a state accredited Journeyman or technical school program, or equivalent formal education and field experience, demonstrating commensurate proficiency in at least 2 of the following areas:
- Mechanical maintenance of production equipment
- Utility systems maintenance
- Electrical Maintenance
- Instrumentation and Controls
- Mechanical Fabrication/Machine Shop
- AAS in an Engineering Technology.
- Understanding and operational familiarity with PC/PLC control systems.
- Pharmaceutical/cGMP maintenance training and experience.
- Facilities and utilities equipment maintenance experience including:
- HVAC, boilers, air compressors, purified water, and electrical distribution systems.
- Material Handling equipment
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
Find out more on Social Media:
About Operations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gak5Ham8oUw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.