Senior Maintenance Mechanic - Formulation - Mt. Vernon - Global Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe.
The Mt. Vernon site was established in 1972 and is the flagship site delivering innovative, life changing oral solid medicines. At the site we formulate and pack OSD tablets, capsules, powders and liquids to over 60+ markets. The Mt Vernon site is the largest AZ production site in the US and is located in the southwest corner of the state of Indiana, approximately 15 miles from Evansville, Indiana – the third largest city in the state of Indiana. The Mt. Vernon site is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and improving employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives.
The Senior Maintenance Mechanic - Formulation is responsible for multi-craft maintenance activities in assigned functional areas to ensure production and/or facility equipment operates efficiently and in compliance with FDA requirements.
There are 2 positions open. The hours could be a rotating 2 weeks days and 2 weeks afternoons or straight 3rds.
What you’ll do:
- Perform Preventive and Predictive Maintenance on equipment in the assigned areas including: inspections, calibrations, and scheduled overhauls or improvements. Use analytical troubleshooting skills to recognize equipment problems, identify true cause, and recommend/implement solutions that prevent problem reoccurrence.
- Perform mechanical and electrical equipment repairs in the assigned area including equipment adjustments and fabrication and troubleshoot and resolve control system and instrumentation issues.
- Work with Supervisors, Operators, Engineers, and other Mechanics/Technicians to identify and implement opportunities to improve equipment/production efficiencies. Participate in multi-functional teams as assigned to support continuous improvement, quality improvements, and equipment installation/modification.
- Perform and document work in compliance with SOP’s, Safety Health & Environment (SHE) standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs). To include: work orders, PMs, logbooks, and permits.
- Respond to multiple equipment/production problems and prioritize or change assignments as needed to meet production demands. Effectively communicates problems and issues to peers and management thru verbal and documented communication.
- Immediately reports deviations related to products or equipment that could compromise product quality or safety. Maintains a safe work environment by following all Health & Safety policies and procedures; immediately reports potential unsafe conditions to supervision.
- Must be able to work as needed during other shifts and weekends when production and/or equipment maintenance coverage is needed.
Essential for the role:
- High School Diploma or GED and 5+ years’ experience in a pharmaceutical production environment or 8+ years as maintenance mechanic in an industrial production environment.
- Completion of a state accredited Journeyman or technical school program, or equivalent formal education and field experience, demonstrating commensurate proficiency in at least 2 of the following areas: Mechanical maintenance of production equipment, Utility systems maintenance, Electrical Maintenance, Instrumentation and Controls and Mechanical Fabrication/Machine Shop.
- AAS in an Engineering Technology.
- Understanding and operational familiarity with PC/PLC control systems.
- Pharmaceutical/cGMP maintenance training and experience.
- Facilities and utilities equipment maintenance experience including: HVAC, boilers, air compressors, purified water, and electrical distribution systems.
- Material Handling equipment maintenance experience including: automated cranes, conveyors, sorting systems, and forklifts.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being ambitious - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this great opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be an excellent fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.