What you'll do
As a Sales Representative with us, you’ll sell life-changing medicines within one of four therapeutic areas: Oncology, Respiratory, Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolic, and other diseases. Using your exceptional selling skills and personable attitude, you’ll build strong and strategic partnerships with healthcare providers across your territory – from clinicians and pharmacists to nurses and consultants.
The part you play in our business will be challenging, yet rewarding, requiring you to use your resilient, collaborative and diplomatic skillsets to make connections. The majority of your work will be field based, and will require you to be highly-organised, planning your monthly schedule, attending meetings and calls, as well as writing up reports.
As one of the world’s leading BioPharmaceutical companies, we work to impact lives across R&D through to commercialisation. As a member of our team, you’ll enjoy the freedom to embrace your entrepreneurial spirit, sharing our medicines with customers in your territory and beyond.
Offering a clear development programme, we’ll train you to better understand and sell your product portfolio. And, we’ll enable you to meet your own development goals too. As well as structured support, you’ll benefit from the support of those around you – leaders and peers alike. Whether that’s receiving help from the marketing team or gaining compliance advice, we’ll be there to guide you. This is about doing the right thing, making an impact in the right way. Together.
No matter your experience or background, if you’ve got the passion and drive to progress, we’ll help you to succeed. These are some of the skills and capabilities we look for to ensure that success:
As this is a mobile role, you’ll be doing a lot of your work on your own. Being independent will be an important skill when delivering on targets. This means staying resilient and motivated in order to work successfully and meet your territory objectives.
You’ll be connecting with a range of healthcare professionals with different product needs. Interpersonal and relationship-building skills are vital to your collaborative role. And, where possible, you’ll use those skills to proactively identify new business opportunities.
Being on the road, you’ll be able to manage your own time, working around your various tasks. For this, you’ll need to be flexible in the way you work with the ability to adapt to and take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
This is a heavily-regulated industry, so working within it means taking responsibility and being particularly observant when selling our products. This means managing your work and territory with diplomacy and in a way that is compliant.
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means creating a vibrant, dynamic culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to contribute to achieving our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Position Title: Senior Manager, Performance & Digital Analytics
Position Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, Head Office
Career Level: E
Are you insatiably curious about what drives a business to be successful? Are you a provocative leader who can develop strategies to translate information about products and customers to deliver strategic insights?
Reporting into the Director, Analytics and Data Excellence, you will be an influential leader in shaping how the organization assesses business performance. You will work across all therapeutic areas and channels to shape and deliver the insights, analytics and reporting needs.
You will have responsibility to:
- Partner with Marketing and Sales leaders to shape insights, analytics and reporting to assess business performance and shape strategic direction of each brand.
- Shape and develop the Canadian data capability roadmap
- Build and develop relationships with external digital, AI/ML partners
- Develop impact assessment models for omni-channel tactics
- Develop customer profiling processes and build a model to incorporate omni-channel insights
- Manage, develop, and lead a team of 3 Analytics Managers, including hiring and onboarding of new team members.
- Provide strategic input into portfolio planning and optimization of resources across the portfolio, including creative simulations for various scenarios
- Process owner for customer segmentation and targeting processes to optimize investments and execution aligned to brand strategy
- Process owner for annual sales quota setting process and on-going governance, in collaboration with the forecasting team
- Active member of the data governance team, ensuring all data processes and systems are aligned to data collection and reporting
Your qualifications include:
- Strong understanding of omni-channel data
- Understanding of AI/ML concepts
- Strong analytical mind-set and proven ability to generate insights
- Strong strategic mindset/planning skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Understanding of structured and unstructured data
- Successful history of collaboration and partnership
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA an asset
- 7-10 years, experience (pharmaceutical experience preferred)
- 2+ years, people management experience
- Experience working with large market data (e.g. IQVIA, Neilsen etc)
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!
Reasons to Join
There are many things I enjoy when working at AstraZeneca, mainly the Speak up culture, the great colleagues that are in my teams, the great products that AstraZeneca provides to our patients and the challenging conversations I have around our medicines.
Working at AstraZeneca has impacted my life in such a positive way. I now have an improved work-life balance through creating my own schedule and time management, I feel a balance that I didn’t have before.
There are a lot of reasons why I enjoy working in AstraZeneca, my colleagues being one of them. My team members and the managers have provided a great deal of guidance in helping me to be more confident in my daily work.
There’s a whole spectrum of perks that come with being a Sales Representative. From taking on the responsibility to enjoying opportunities to progress vertically and laterally. Discover some of our benefits:
We set you up to progress at every stage with structured goals and targets. There are also many routes you can take, from sales team management to product management, and beyond.
The work you do will allow you to take on a lot of responsibility, getting to know your product and owning the way you work – from your schedule and territory, to your strategy and the development of goals.
We reward based on your performance. So, by creating a big impact – both on our commercial growth and your personal development – you’ll be rewarded well.
Our training is of a high quality. From onboarding to on the job training, from learning from peers to product training, discover multiple opportunities to develop.