Oncology Medical Advisor
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking smart risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver life-changing medicines.
PositionTitle: Medical Advisor – Oncology
PositionType: Full-Time, Regular
Location: Mississauga, Head Office
Are you passionate about scientific discussion? Do you love being on the cutting-edge of scientific discovery? Do you want to make a positive impact through your position?
As the Medical Advisor, you will work with passionate leaders, both internally and externally, focused on making a difference through their work. You will lead medical discussions and positively influence how we build our brand plans to bring new medicines to patients.
Your Responsibilities include:
- Member of Brand/Lifecycle team(s), with participation in the development and delivery of strategic and operational plans
- Build /develop relationships with Key External Experts (KEEs) and Global Medical Affairs Teams
- Coach and provide leadership and direction to the Oncology Medical Science Liaison Team
- Be accountable for the leadership of Oncology Medical Therapeutic Area team, the development and delivery of aligned Medical Plans
- Provide medical/scientific support to medical/marketing/regulatory/market access within Canada to plan strategy and achieve approvals (TPD, CDR, PMPRB, PAAB)
- Collaboration with Site Management and Monitoring (SMM) to ensure trials are delivered on time and within budget
- Collaborate with Medical Evidence group to drive review, approval and execution of Externally Sponsored Research projects (ESRs) and Real World Evidence (RWE) projects
- Deliver scientific training in therapeutic area to colleagues outside of Scientific Affairs (eg sales, marketing, market access)
Your Qualifications include:
- M.D. or Ph.D. degree
- 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in clinical research and medical marketing.
- Proven interpersonal skills with respect to relationship building, influencing, negotiating and engaging with teams
- Strong decision-making, strategic, and innovative thinking capabilities
- Good communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Excellent detail orientation and planning skills
- Previous experience working in Oncology therapeutic area is ideal
- Knowledge of Lung Cancer and add Immuno-Oncology area is considered an asset
- Bilingualism – French/English is an asset
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years:https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture:https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.