Medical Evidence Lead
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
Position Title: Medical Evidence Lead
Position Type: Contract, Full-Time
Location: Mississauga, Head Office
Career Level: E
- You will plan and deliver observational research and Real World Evidence (RWE) studies across various therapeutic areas in Canada
- You will lead the development and execution of comprehensive evidence plans for both pre-launch and launched products to address full breadth of internal and external partner needs
- You identify and collaborate with key external authorities to address identified evidence gaps, including academic-clinical investigators, health outcomes researchers and contract research organizations (CROs)
- You will work together with Medical Advisors and Market Access colleagues to develop AstraZeneca-sponsored study protocols for local observational studies, as well as review and advise on externally sponsored research proposals
- You liaise with global counterparts for all evidence generating activities and be responsible for the review and approval process for local studies at AstraZeneca Canada
- You drive local and global study teams in order to deliver project-specific achievements and resulting scientific publications (e.g., conference presentations, peer-reviewed journal manuscripts) according to deadlines (e.g., HTA submission target)
- You develop and handle the communication plan for all evidence generating activities and ensure presentation of study results to appropriate internal and external stakeholders (e.g., HTA meetings)
- You lead site start-up activities such as ethics submission, informed consent review, development and finalization of research study agreements and follow-up and maintenance of all study related activities, if required.
- You develop and maintain study budget, timelines and resources and ensure appropriate updates are made to internal tracking systems
- You prepare, execute, track, collect, review and assess study documents and ensure their completeness according to external guidelines and AstraZeneca SOPs
- You complete study feasibilities for Global Non Interventional Studies in collaboration with the local team and global counterparts
- You provide in-house epidemiology, statistics, and observational research expertise to cross-functional partners, including Medical, Market Access and Regulatory teams
Do you have the following qualifications?
- You have a Master’s degree in Science (epidemiology considered an asset)
- A strong understanding of statistical principles and methodologies applicable to observational studies
- You have excellent understanding of observational study methodology (design and interpretation) and externally sponsored research including clinical and pre-clinical research
- A consistent track record in observational research, demonstrating both strategic and tactical elements
- You have shown leadership ability in a team environment
- You bring with you experience in project management
- Excellent social, verbal and written communication skills
- You are self-motivated and able to display autonomy and initiative – for instance; able to take action, move actions forward and make decisions without the need for continual supervision or consultation.
- A keen interest to interact with key external customers, including governments, payers, academic researchers and physicians
- Your time management skills are effective
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of French is an asset
- Experience leading or participating in observational research and real world evidence (RWE) studies is an asset
Next steps – Apply today
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager will know that you feel well qualified for this position. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Great People want to Work with us, find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 5 years: https://content.eluta.ca/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Total Rewards for employees: https://www.astrazeneca.ca/en/working-at-az-canada/Total-Rewards.html
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.