Medical Advisor - Diabetes
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means creating a vibrant, dynamic culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to contribute to achieving our goal to develop and deliver life-changing medicines.
Position Title: Medical Advisor - Diabetes
Position Type: Full-Time, Regular
Location: Mississauga, Head Office
Career Level: E
- Active membership of Brand/Lifecycle team(s), with participation in the development and delivery of strategic and operational plans.
- Build /develop relationships with Key External Experts (KEEs) and Global Medical Affairs Teams
- Provide medical/scientific leadership and direction to the Diabetes Medical Science Liaison Team
- Working with the Scientific Director, are accountable for the development and delivery of aligned Medical Strategy and Plans. Activities include, but not exclusively:
- Execution of Medical plans including budget management and prioritization.
- Support and coach the Diabetes Medical Science Liaison Team to ensure the Field Medical Plans are successfully implemented and achieved
- Medical/scientific support to medical/marketing/regulatory/market access within Canada to plan strategy and achieve approvals (TPD, CDR, PMPRB, PAAB)
- Collaboration with Site Management and Monitoring (SMM) to ensure trials are delivered on time and within budget
- Collaborate with Medical Evidence group to drive review, approval and execution of Externally Sponsored Research projects (ESRs) and Real World Evidence (RWE) projects
- Deliver scientific training in therapeutic area to colleagues outside of Scientific Affairs (eg sales, marketing, market access)
- M.D. or Ph.D. degree
- 5-7 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably in clinical research and medical marketing.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills with respect to relationship building, influencing, negotiating and teamwork
- Proven problem solving, strategic, and innovative thinking capabilities
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Superior organizational skills
- Previous experience working in Diabetes therapeutic area is an asset
- Knowledge of Diabetes area is considered an asset
- Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset.
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.