Commercial Innovation Manager
Commercial Innovation Manager
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means creating a vibrant, dynamic culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking smart risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to contribute to achieving our goal to develop and deliver life-changing medicines.
Title: Commercial Innovation Manager
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Career Level: D
Delivering on our strategy will require our sales teams be best in class in translating great science to stakeholders, new commercial capabilities are being developed, and leading-edge operations and innovative systems enable continued digital transformation. The Commercial Innovation Manager will have a focus on introducing news sales tools, technologies, and innovative solutions for enhanced commercial excellence and play a critical role within the broader Commercial Excellence & Capability Development Team.
Your roles and responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of new digital sales systems and tools that will help deliver on AZC digital strategy
- Support the expansion of AZs digital reach by successfully leveraging and evolving existing digital capabilities & channels through the sales force improving the customer experience
- Working closely with IT and Global colleagues, act as champion and innovation lead for current commercial systems with a focus on bringing new innovative Veeva capabilities to life
- Lead and design future sales force process improvement
- Build change plans to ensure a smooth and seamless launch of new capabilities as well as tactics to drive sales force adoption
- Assume the role of project manager in the design, development and implementation of new systems and processes
- Work with external vendors to manage supporting tools, programs, and technology to deliver digital sales capabilities
- Monitor and evaluate current sales execution metrics that matter and make recommendations to optimize performance where appropriate
- High level of communication with field sales force to support adoption, capture wins and understand challenges
your skills and capabilities:
- High degree of initiative and sense of urgency with an ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to think creatively in developing and implementing practical solutions
- Strong change management and communication skills: interpersonal, writing and presentation
- Energized by working with ambiguity and complexity
- Ability to participate in collaborative teamwork
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in pharmaceutical sales
- Marketing experience preferred
- Bilingualism is an asset
- Minimal travel is required
Great People want to Work with us, find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years: https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.