Associate Director, Study Management
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose – to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do; our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
Our purpose is bold and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and innovative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate entrepreneurial thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking smart risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of a great place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver life-changing medicines.
Position Title: Associate Director, Study Management
Position Type: Full-time, 12 month Contract
Career Level: F
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Are you an inspiring leader passionate about bringing new medicines to patients? You will lead, develop, and support your Study Management and Operations (SMO) team for project, TA/scientific/technical, and operational related issues to deliver drug projects and non-drug projects. You will also be responsible for improving consistent ways of working across hubs and building clinical capabilities.
- You will recruit and retain Study Management and Operations personnel
- You allocate appropriately skilled Study Management and Operations personnel to study delivery teams to ensure delivery of clinical studies to time, budget and quality standards in accordance with clinical performance targets
- You provide expertise and direction to support direct reports with proactive problem/risk identification, solution building and issues resolution to facilitate achievement of objectives on time and to appropriate quality.
- You provide a quality review of deliverables of direct reports.
- You act as first line support for GCP and AZ processes
- As change agents, you drive consistent implementation of globally agreed Research and Development strategies including process and technology related to the delivery of studies.
- You promote and encourage innovation and creativity
- You will work with leadership team to support Capacity Management, achieving accurate resource forecasting, analysis and solution building to efficiently and flexibly resource study teams
- You promote and create opportunities for skills development for staff within the projects, drug and non-drug
- You contribute to business strategy and streamlining of processes for drug/non drug project or departmental activities.
- You contribute actively to Study Management leadership
- You lead and support change by encouraging and supporting a diversity of solutions that are value demonstrated
- You promote and encourage communication within and across Hubs, Therapeutic Areas and Research and Development
- You will role model and embed a performance driven culture and values
- You perform performance management, performance assessment, and provide reward proposals for direct reports
- You ensure personnel have been trained and wok within compliance of ethics, company policies and standard procedures
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in medical or biological science, or related subject or equivalent qualification or experience.
- 5 or more years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry working with the delivery of clinical studies
- Line management experience preferred
- An understanding of the therapeutic areas related to AstraZeneca’s products
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical and pharmaceutical drug development process
Skills and Capabilities:
- Proven leadership promoting motivation and empowerment of others in order to accomplish individual, team and organizational objectives
- Leads change with a positive approach to the challenges of change for self, team and the business.
- Sees change as an opportunity to improve performance and make valuable contributions to the business
- Ability to look for and champion more efficient and effective methods/processes of delivering quality clinical trials with reduced budget and in less time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a global and regional environment
- Commitment to Customers and Integrity
- Acts Decisively
- Drives accountability
- Develops People and Organization
- Works Collaboratively
Great People want to Work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 6 years:https://reviews.canadastop100.com/top-employer-astrazeneca-canada
- Best Workplace Culture Award at the 2018 Canadian HR Awards:https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thriving-best-workplace-culture-gena-restivo/
- Learn more about our culture:https://www.linkedin.com/posts/genarestivo_greatpeople-greatplacetowork-topemployers2020-activity-6608742174811049985-N-8G
Are you interested in working at AZ? Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.