Associate Director – Learning & Development, Global Ethics & Compliance
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
Play your part in contributing to a business truly dedicated to its purpose and patients. United by a shared connection and commitment, we can see how everything we do adds up to a bigger impact on patients and society. Working for an enterprise at the cutting-edge of science, we feel a huge sense of pride in our potential to transform the lives of patients with unmet needs.
Recognizing the importance of individualized flexibility, our ways of working allow employees to balance personal and work commitments while ensuring we continue to create a strong culture of collaboration and teamwork by engaging face-to-face in our offices 3 days a week. Our head office is purposely designed with collaboration in mind, providing space where teams can come together to strategize, brainstorm and connect on key projects.
What you’ll do
As the Associate Director - Learning & Development, Global Ethics & Compliance, you will be fully responsible for driving mandatory and just-in-time learning initiatives on behalf of Global Ethics & Compliance.
Reporting into the Knowledge Management and Innovation Director, you will work closely with our functional and business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to build a deep understanding of current risks and enable identification and diagnosis of knowledge gaps which could affect the business from achieving its goals ethically and compliantly.
Using your expertise within adult education, you will advise on high quality learning, whilst building strong relationships with a complex range of stakeholders, through collaborating and challenging to ensure the best learning solutions are delivered.
This role provides a considerable amount of autonomy requiring the management of multiple projects.
- Provide input into annual and longer-term learning strategy for Global Ethics & Compliance.
- Build a deep understanding of the compliance landscape at AstraZeneca (strategies, goals, challenges) and work with colleagues to diagnose the root cause of capability gaps and issues that contribute to strategic learning needs.
- Ascertain learning needs within a defined area and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to agree on a training plan and target audience.
- Review current learning curriculum and learning activities and ensure alignment to current and future business needs. Where gaps exist, propose relevant solutions and gain consensus on a way forward.
- Deputise for the Knowledge Management and Innovation Director on various enterprise learning boards when required.
- Support with ad hoc functional and enterprise learning initiatives.
- Update and upskill knowledge of the AstraZeneca learning technology landscape.
Project Management & Execution
- Fully accountable for the design and creation of engaging mandatory e-learning content.
- Responsible for concept, development, writing and timely delivery of annual Code of Ethics Awareness training with support from Learning Technologies Assistant.
- Responsible for the refresh of periodic mandatory compliance courses such as ABAC, Data Privacy, Modern Day Slavery, Export Control Compliance.
- Oversee and project manage third party supplier course builds and work closely with Content Manager on in-house development.
- Work with SMEs and focus groups to define storyboard content and scripting to create meaningful content easily understood by the target audience.
- Work with Learning Technologies Assistant to ensure high quality translation of content.
- Liaise with Global Learning teams around testing and roll out of mandatory learning offerings.
- Create communications plans and promotion of content to ensure increased awareness and early uptake of course completion post roll-out.
- Oversee reconciliation data/process.
- Analysis of feedback/dashboards to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Agile creation of impactful case studies to meet just in time requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 5 years’ experience within the Learning & Development field
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a Business Partner role, within HR, Learning & Development or Compliance
- Able to develop strategy, transform and innovate
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills
- Passion for customer experience and impact
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- A self-starter, driven, highly organised and accustomed to working to and meeting deadlines
- Experience in scripting and creating storyboards for e-learning
- Up to date knowledge of Learning & Development practices and challenges
- Experience within the Biopharmaceutical industry
Great people want to work with us! Find out why:
- GTAA Top Employer Award for 9 years
- Learn about our culture
- Learn more about working with us in Canada
- View our YouTube channel
Are you interested in working at AZ, apply today!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion and providing a workplace that is free from discrimination. AstraZeneca is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. Such accommodation is available on request in respect of all aspects of the recruitment, assessment and selection process and may be requested by emailing AZCHumanResources@astrazeneca.com.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.