At AstraZeneca we win through science, it’s at the heart of our every success. That science is only possible when we all work together – we’ll always make sure you’re clear about how your role is connected to our wider mission to really show what science can do.
In this role you will responsible for assists in developing pricing strategies in a transversal way to the whole portfolio. Manages contract processing, analysis, and reporting. Work closely with Contract Strategy to optimize contract implementation and efficiency. Assist to ensure an optimal price and reimbursement conditions that allow market access for current and future products of the company, improving the quality of life of patients
Implement a strategy country pricing vision
Manage the Loh strategically to anticipate value solutions
- Drives product pricing analysis and recommendation by analyzing competitive products and pricing, ensuring alignment with brand value proposition, understanding customer groups (patients and physicians), collaborating with Managed Markets and Contracting Strategy, and leading Pricing Strategy discussions
- Implement a strategy country pricing vision
- Manage the Loh strategically to anticipate value solutions
- Monitors environment and practices for shifts in trends or behaviours, interprets likely impact and suggests appropriate actions
- Develops deep understanding of competitive market conditions that affect pricing for individual brands and overall industry
- Evaluates changing marketplace and proactively makes recommendations on pricing strategies as related to managed care, reimbursement environment, federal and state regulations
- Provides modelling of pricing recommendations and financial impacts for new and existing products
- Effectively formulates and utilizes market research data
- Identify and anticipate key trends and assess opportunities and risks for pricing strategy development, derived from Spanish and European legislation on AZ's portfolio leading pricing strategy discussions.
- Strategic analysis of the P&R conditions of all medicines in AZ's portfolio or competitors in order to understand and making strategic use of the cost containment measures applied in the sector for AZ.
- Work together with the specific areas of product pricing areas on future P&R assumptions for the products in our portfolio to strategic develop list and net pricing recommendations, including contracting guidelines
Planning and Implementation
- Assists in developing the pricing and financing negotiation strategy with the Ministry of Health, or other valid interlocutors, in accordance with local strategies and company requirements.
- Intervene in the process to ensures the correct and homogeneous transmission of messages related to the pricing policy to the entire organization through close collaboration with other company departments whose relationship with customers is key.
- Collaborates involving the Brand Team in everything related to the pricing policy, collecting their points of view and business needs.
- Ensures compliance with the internal pricing and reimbursement procedure with Global.
Knowledge and analysis of the healthcare environment
- Analyzes the environment, in relation to new products and indications, to establish pricing strategies.
- Offers the vision of the national market in the establishment of global price policies.
- Has full knowledge of pharmaceutical regulations and legislation regarding prices and financing.
- Defines present and future price scenarios, as well as reimbursement criteria, focused on optimizing profitability.
- Ensures that all activities related to the role and the unit comply with applicable external and internal regulations (policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and Code of Conduct).
- Training: Degree / Graduate.
- Spanish: Native/Fluid and English: B2
- Computing: Office advanced level.
- Proven experience of a minimum of 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry sector.
- 5 years' experience in a similar position within the deep knowledge of Spanish healthcare environment, price & reimbursement processes and pharmacoeconomic models and HTA requirements
- Specialized training in Health Sciences.
- Master in Institutional Relations in the Healthcare Field or others in healthcare management or MBA.
- Specific training in pricing and financing.
- In-depth knowledge of the healthcare environment and main stakeholders at national and regional level.
- Experience/direct responsibility in commercial roles.
- Spain Leadership Team
- Project Management function within AstraZeneca
- Cross functional Project teams
- Marketing, Finance, Medical Affairs
- Commercial Excellence.
- External professional.
- Healthcare Institutions and professionals.
- Hospitals & Government Affairs KOLs.
- Self-knowledge and motivation for self-reflection
- Self-motivation and development orientation
- Interpersonal effectiveness: organization and planning
- Performance management
- Partner development
- Transversal leadership
- Team Coaching
- Effective communication.
- Impact and influence
- Putting the patient first
- Be an example of the values of AZ
- Defining winning brand strategies
- Customer segmentation
- Enterprise Vision Planning and Business Management
- Excellent implementation
- Alignment with the BU and Marketing strategy
- Project Management
- Knowledge of the environment and customers
- Compliance Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Pathology, Science, Therapeutic Area, Product, Competitors
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.