Franchise Head Acute Care
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
As Franchise Head your mission will be to lead the correct implementation of the commercial (sales and marketing) strategy and Business Plan, leading your team and ensuring the optimal positioning of your products in the marketplace, in order to improve the quality of life for patients.
The Franchise Head will lead the product' country operations in Spain and will be accountable for achieving revenue and patient acquisition goals. The Franchise Head will accomplish goals and objectives by leading in country sales and marketing, directing all aspects of commercial and local access activities, building and developing a high performing team and ensuring cross functional collaboration and alignment. The Franchise Head is also responsible for contributing to the global and regional strategic planning process in collaboration with the CVRM BUD, and Spain Country President.
- Define and share the collective vision of the franchise.
- Define the workload by ensuring the distribution of tasks, functions and the management of resources.
- Evaluate and recognise the performance of employees in accordance with the ethics and standards of AZ.
- Implement actions to develop employees' skills by encouraging collaborative work and team spirit.
- Accompany and encourage the transformation of the company.
- Define the marketing strategy to achieve the business objectives established.
- To lead and supervise the development of the Brand Plan, guaranteeing its correct execution, in order to define the best strategy for the franchise.
- Ensure the cross-functional alignment of the plan and the synergies between franchises and/or functions.
- Ensure that the global sales strategy is aligned with the Brand Plan and its adaptation to the local market.
- Identify changes in the environment, institutions, competition and the needs of health professionals for the franchise.
- Define and analyse national sales forecasts.
- Prepare future product launches and ensure the organisation's ability to launch in the best conditions: sales forecast, strategic approach, capabilities, operational plan.
- To promote innovation and new ways of doing things and to encourage the exchange of knowledge and experiences within its team that lead to continuous improvement by incorporating learning.
- Think and act "in digital", with an omnichannel vision and focus on big data.
- Define the principles of activity of the sales network, ensuring good management of available resources (workload, level of activity, types of interaction), as well as performance measurement indicators.
- Working towards indicators of business excellence and effectiveness.
- Ensure a correct definition of the Key Account Management/Action Plans area for cross-functional teams, under the leadership of the Area Managers, and the good articulation of the action plans with the national strategy.
- To guarantee a successful implementation of the Key Account Management/Action Plans by local cross-functional teams.
- To guarantee the correct execution of the Brand Strategic Plan, advising the Brand Leads/Brand Managers in the development of campaigns, analysing possible deviations and ensuring the implementation of corrective actions.
- Directing cross-functional actions with the different areas of the company (Medical, Market Access, Clinical Operations, EMS...) to build a global vision of the therapeutic area.
- Establish local business objectives and define the corresponding Variable Compensation schemes.
- Develop a network of national and regional KEE in their therapeutic area key to the business.
- Anticipate the evolution of the national hospital environment and the impact.
- Ensure AstraZeneca's reputation as a leader among all healthcare professionals and stakeholders.
- Ensure that all activities related to the role and the business comply with applicable external and internal regulations (policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and Code of Conduct).
- Training: Degree / Graduate.
- English: C1 and Spanish: Native/Fluid.
- Computing: Office advanced level.
- Proven experience of a minimum of 10 years in the pharmaceutical industry, managing sales and marketing teams.
- Experience in rare diseases launching new products/indications and with established relationships with KEEs (preferably in the Spanish market).
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and develop successful commercial teams in changing, competitive environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record of effectiveness as a cross-functional team player and leader who gets results.
- Specialized training in Health Sciences.
- Specialised Higher Education in Marketing or MBA.
- In-depth knowledge of the healthcare environment and main stakeholders at national and regional level.
- Experience/direct responsibility in Market Access.
- Experience in international leadership roles and positions/ career path in different countries.
- Mobile at a global/ European level.
- Spain Leadership Team
- Project Management function within AstraZeneca
- Crossfunctional Project teams
- EUCAN Region
- External professional and regulatory organizations
- Self-knowledge and motivation for self-reflection
- Self-motivation and development orientation
- Interpersonal effectiveness: organization and planning
- Performance management
- Partner development
- Transversal leadership
- Team Coaching
- Effective communication
- Impact and influence
- Putting the patient first
- Be an example of the values of AZ
- Defining winning brand strategies
- Customer segmentation
- Enterprise Vision Planning and Business Management
- Excellent implementation
- Alignment with the BU and Marketing strategy
- Project Management
- P&L Management
- Knowledge of the environment and customers
- Compliance Standards, Policies and Procedures
- Pathology, Science, Therapeutic Area, Product, Competitors
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.