Senior Brand Manager - Immunisation
Senior Brand Manager – Immunisation
Are you an experienced pharmaceutical marketer with a passion for making a difference? If you enjoy being part of a fun and driven culture that works in a decisive, transparent and flexible environment, this is an ideal opportunity.
About AstraZeneca & our Ambition with this role
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
AstraZeneca is looking to identify and recruit top talent who are committed to living our values – following the science, putting patients first, and doing the right thing. Individuals with demonstrated commercial success (marketing, sales, market access/policy development, and medical affairs), global and local launch experience, and vaccines/infectious disease background will be foundational in our continuing commitment and response to the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) outbreak. The infectious diseases and COVID-19 portfolio of products is a growing and important part of AstraZeneca’s core business that will help deliver growth for the company now and into the future.
What you’ll do
The Senior Brand Manager contributes to the development and execution of marketing plans to maximize the value of AstraZeneca's portfolio and pipeline. The successful candidate will work with the Business Unit Head to develop and measure aspects of the brand strategy with a specific focus on opportunity assessments, channel leadership, positioning, messaging, and launch/lifecycle planning.
You will be responsible for:
- Contributing to the development of all aspects of the brand strategy, with specific focus on market opportunity assessment, brand positioning, messaging, asset planning and maximization
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners to bring Brand Strategy to realization through leadership of Market Research/Insight and analytics, Brand positioning and messaging & Integrated launch plans
- Establishing strong alliance with Sales, Corporate Affairs, Medical, Promotional Regulatory Affairs and Access partners, providing input to cross-functional planning and programs by communicating brand strategy and identifying market opportunities and risks
- Demonstrating ability to motivate, develop, and inspire employees. Ability to clearly communicate brand vision with passion and authenticity to marketing and cross functional teams
- Collaborating and leading without authority across functional areas; organize people, activities, communication & resources around a common goal and to achieve business objectives in a timely manner
- Creating sustainable, long-term relationships with customer advocacy groups and leader advocates
Essential for the role
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in Business or life sciences; i.e. medical or pharmacy
- Demonstrated success in pharmaceutical marketing
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills and proven project/team/cross-functional leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and ability to self-manage
- Proven experience with a broad base of external customers including HCPs, patients, prescribers, payors, providers
- Experience in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences
Desirable for the role
- Advanced Degree in business, marketing, or the sciences
- Experience in Insight/Market Research
- Experience across product life cycle (emerging, launch, in-line, mature)
- Specialty business experience, including preference in Vaccines & Virology, Infectious Diseases and Biologics
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
AstraZeneca in Australia has been formally recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). As an organisation we stand with confidence on our gender equality initiatives including pay equity, leadership development programs, and zero tolerance for gender-based harassment. This achievement exemplifies our commitment to building high performing, inclusive and diverse teams that collaborate across our enterprise, aligned to our values and strategic priority of being a Great Place to Work.
So, what’s next?
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
If you’re curious to know more then please reach out to Rob Smith, we welcome with your application no later than October 25th.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.