Our rapidly expanding production unit is seeking several Packing Operators to join the team. We are interested in experienced candidates for day, afternoon and night shifts, on fixed term contracts.
Join the team where everyone feels a personal connection to the people that we impact. From our science labs to manufacturing at scale, we are committed to delivering at the highest quality. It’s inspiring and rewarding work, influencing every part of the product lifecycle to deliver life-changing medicines. To ultimately make people’s lives better – from patients and their families to all of us in society.
The North Ryde manufacturing facility remains an important centre for both AstraZeneca and manufacturing in Australia. We are proud of our long heritage in Australia, where for more than 65 years, AstraZeneca has been providing medicines to treat many cancers and chronic diseases, saving lives and extending life for millions of Australians.
What you’ll do
The Production Operator is responsible for working as part of a team and following processes on a production line. Your responsibilities will include:
- Operating production equipment and machines according to required quality standards
- Conducting visual inspection of products
- Assisting in line cleaning, clearance, and opening
- Recording of data for production measurement activities
- Maintaining work, health and safety standards and raising any issues promptly to relevant personnel
- Working as part of a team towards collective goals (Safety, Quality, Performance and People)
- Participating in AstraZeneca’s Lean program
Essential for the role
- Positive attitude
- Team player with great attention to details
- Ability to work in an inclusive and diverse environment that promotes a Speak Up culture
- Physical capacity to lift up to 10kgs occasionally through out the shift
- Good communication skills including basic math and English literacy
- Willing to learn about the processes and broadly around Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP)
Desirables for the role
- Experience in a similar role would be advantageous
- Understanding of GMP,
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
AstraZeneca in Australia has been formally recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). As an organisation we stand with confidence on our gender equality initiatives including pay equity, leadership development programs, and zero tolerance for gender-based harassment. This achievement exemplifies our commitment to building high performing, inclusive and diverse teams that collaborate across our enterprise, aligned to our values and strategic priority of being a Great Place to Work.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have a seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
- If you’re curious to know more then please reach out to Dia Dutta.
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.