Head of Analytics & Insights
Head of Analytics and Insights
At AstraZeneca we lead our industry in our development of a strong and varied pipeline. This means our people are here to win. We give you a breadth of opportunities to be curious and do cutting edge, unique work that has big impact on science and medicine.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. AstraZeneca is one of only a handful of pure-play biopharmaceutical companies to span the entire value chain of a medicine from discovery, early- and late-stage development to manufacturing and distribution, and the global commercialisation of primary care, specialty care-led and specialty care medicines that transform lives.
Our primary focus is on three key areas of healthcare: Cardiovascular and Metabolic disease (CVMD); Oncology; and Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity (RIA). We are also active in the Infection, Neuroscience and Gastrointestinal (ING) disease areas.
We are looking to appoint an Analytics & Insights lead accountable for leading and supporting the Analytics & Insights agenda for ANZ, based in Sydney. The successful candidate will be a strategic partner to the business, embedding data driven decisions in AstraZeneca DNA and transform the organisation to maximise impact.
The role reports directly into the Director of Commercial Excellence, with strong partnerships with Finance and Sales, Marketing & Medical.
Key responsibilities and role content will include:
- Integral member of the Commercial Excellence leadership team;
- Develop and implement a longer term vision and strategy for Analytics & Insights to support the organisation strategy;
- Lead the positioning of the Analytics & Insights team as valuable Business Unit cross functional team members, helping to drive current performance and future portfolio delivery, as well as optimisation strategies;
- Lead the collation, analytics and interpretation of data to develop insights;
- Lead the team to support brand planning, forecasting, modelling and performance report generation;
- Proactively conduct gap analyses with the brand teams to identify current and future opportunities within the patient journey;
- Work with key stakeholders (Finance Business Partners, Marketing, Commercial Excellence cross functional team members) to provide market intelligence support to design and deliver forward facing forecast models
- Lead the development and implementation of new systems and tools, in collaboration with IT and GBS.
- Leads, coaches and mentors the Analytics & Insights team, along with the sales & marketing team members, to build analytics capabilities;
- Oversee the management of the sales incentive program;
- Drive compliant processes according to AZ SoPs and Code of conduct;
- Contribution towards the delivery of the annual P&L, Contribution and Sales targets; and
- Manage budget within +/- 3%.
The ideal candidate will possess
- Demonstrable Leadership skills and experience
- Significant analytical experience
- Marketing/business related Masters degree
- Therapy area knowledge / experience
- Business finance planning experience
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and that you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
Apply now to register your interest in this exciting opportunity to take the lead in this key area of the business.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.