Engineering Store Person
We currently seeking a Store Person to join our small team of asset maintenance to support production, manufacturing plant and equipment, on an exciting 18 months’ contract.
Join the team where everyone feels a personal connection to the people that we impact. From our science labs to manufacturing at scale, we are committed to delivering at the highest quality. It’s inspiring and rewarding work, influencing every part of the product lifecycle to deliver life-changing medicines. To ultimately make people’s lives better – from patients and their families to all of us in society.
The North Ryde manufacturing facility remains an important centre for both AstraZeneca and manufacturing in Australia. We are proud of our long heritage in Australia, where for more than 65 years, AstraZeneca has been providing medicines to treat many cancers and chronic diseases, saving lives, and extending life for millions of Australians.
What you’ll do
As an Engineering Store Person, you will be responsible for the purchasing and supply of all mechanical and electrical spare parts held in the Engineering Store In addition:
- Continually improve and develop existing support functions to ensure KPI’s & business goals are comfortably met.
- Control & stability for costing of spare parts in the Engineering Store is driven through effective work practices.
- Order parts daily in accordance with MRP stock requirements and non – MRP approved requisitions
- Ensure compliance of self and others to internal and external regulations
- Check all delivery dockets and invoices to ensure that goods received match the invoice and purchase order
Essential for the role
- Forklift Licence
- 3 - 5 years relevant Store/ Warehousing experience
- Procurement (Purchasing) understanding
- Provision of customer service to an internal customer base
- Ability to handle external supplier relationships
Desirables for the role
- Experience in pharmaceutical/food industries
- Superior Service focus
- Trade background
- SAP experience.
- GMP experience.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
AstraZeneca in Australia has been formally recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). As an organisation we stand with confidence on our gender equality initiatives including pay equity, leadership development programs, and zero tolerance for gender-based harassment. This achievement exemplifies our commitment to building high performing, inclusive and diverse teams that collaborate across our enterprise, aligned to our values and strategic priority of being a Great Place to Work.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have a seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
- If you’re curious to know more then please reach out to Dia Dutta. External applications close Thursday 7 July 2022
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.