Electrical Control Engineer
- PLC and Automation focus
- State of the art Manufacturing facility
- Leverage our professional development opportunities
At AstraZeneca we believe that innovation needs the right environment in which to flourish. One where our 50,000+ employees at all levels are encouraged to pursue new approaches. As a leading global Bio-pharmaceutical organisation, we conduct our research across three continents, manufacture in 16 countries and work in over 100 countries while our medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide.
Here at AstraZeneca Australia we make products that improve lives of people in 19 countries, every single day. Our state of the art production facility in Macquarie Park is going through an exciting growth phase and you can be part of it! AstraZeneca offers challenging and creative international team environment, with excellent facilities and benefits! If you thrive in a fast paced, dead line driven environment this could be the opportunity you have been looking for! Grow, learn and develop your career with us today.
We currently have an opportunity for an Automation Engineer experienced with PLC's and manufacturing process to join our team on the afternoon shift 1400 -2200 hrs Monday - Friday. Within the Electrical Engineering Services Department, you will be responsible for maintenance and the ongoing improvement of electrical, control, vision systems and infrastructure in support of production requirements.
More specifically you will:
- Plan and undertake electrical, control system and infrastructure improvement projects for our production plant and site facility, adhering to safety and quality requirements.
- Plan and undertake electrical infrastructure modifications, following relevant procedures to ensure that equipment is maintained in its validated state.
- Identify, plan and undertake capital improvement projects to time and budget, including preparing validation protocols and documentation, and completion of validation activities.
- Provide electrical engineering advice to other departments for resolving complex technical issues with a focus on Siemens PLC applications.
- Identify, develop and implement policies, procedures and record keeping systems to meet operational, safety and quality requirements, and conforms to best practice.
- Provide planned and ad-hoc maintenance support to production teams and site services, completing work to the required standards and ensuring coordination with schedule and operational requirements.
- Tertiary qualified in Engineering (Electrical/Mechatronics).
- Experience with siemens PLC
- An understanding of SCADA and vision systems
- Experience with GMP, System Engineering and or quality systems
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated technical experience with operation, maintenance and development and validation of systems.
AstraZeneca offer an excellent salary and benefits package including leave loading allowance, extra leave days, free parking and free gym a good work/life balance and the opportunity to contribute to a great team.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.