Corporate Communications Lead
Join AstraZeneca Australia and New Zealand as a Corporate Communications Lead, where you will assist in the development and coordination of our internal executive corporate engagement and communications.
At AstraZeneca, our strong patient-centric culture drives our ambition to create a healthier world for our employees and society. Our diverse teams thrive in a fast-paced environment with exciting and challenging assignments. By working collaboratively across the business and staying open to new ideas, you can significantly impact patients worldwide.
We will help you expand your skills and knowledge and unlock your best. Working at pace, you’ll be challenged and supported to grow – learning from inspiring leadership and exceptional teams who believe in the power of science to make a difference.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Communications Lead to join our Corporate Affairs team in Sydney.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Director, you will manage the execution and measurement of the internal communications strategy critical to the success of Australia and New Zealand’s corporate priorities. You will manage timely and coordinated corporate communications across the ANZ Senior Management team and Corporate Affairs team. You will lead the coordination and strategic approach to deliver our responsibilities and key programs through our Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP) and other programs as identified through our inclusion and diversity strategy. You will also support the Corporate Affairs team compliance of SOPs which the function has responsibility or accountability for.
Essential for the role:
- Previous experience working with senior management team and supporting senior leadership communications
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, business administration, government affairs, public policy or a related field
- Corporate communications experience in a fast-paced matrix organisation
- Budget management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and InDesign
Desirable for the role:
- Experience in a global corporate organisation
- Knowledge of industry, industry and patient associations
- Public relations background
- Presentation and/or corporate presentation skills and training
- Experience with creative digital content
At AstraZeneca, we 're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We’re on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.
Our leaders are committed to fostering high performance. They inspire and motivate our ambitious teams to go further. This is a place of challenge, support, and inspiration where teams take the initiative, knowing they are recognised and rewarded for doing so.
Ready to make an impact? Apply now to join our team as a Corporate Communications Lead!
So, what’s next?
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours!
- If you’re curious to know please reach out to Sharmia Bakar
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn
- Visit our websites https://www.astrazeneca.com.au/careers.html and https://www.astrazeneca.com/
- For some useful hints and tips, please visit https://careers.astrazeneca.com/application-hints-tips
AstraZeneca in Australia has been formally recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). As an organisation we stand with confidence on our gender equality initiatives including pay equity, leadership development programs, and zero tolerance for gender-based harassment. This achievement exemplifies our commitment to building high performing, inclusive and diverse teams that collaborate across our enterprise, aligned to our values and strategic priority of being a Great Place to Work.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.