Business Development Manager – QLD South
Do you have expertise in specialty sales, in particular haematology and/or direct oral anticoagulant (DOAC) market knowledge? Would you like to utilise your expert knowledge in these spaces to make a huge impact to Australian patients? Then we want to hear from you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious diseases. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca, we’re bringing transformative drugs to those that need them the most by combining continuous new launches with unique solutions across the whole patient journey. It’s how we are able to truly make a difference to the quality of lives and answer huge unmet patient needs. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality.
In the BioPharmaceuticals Business Unit we thrive in our diverse and vibrant environment. Part of a global research-led enterprise, there’s always novel science to bring to market. It brings out the best in us – provided with all the support and tools needed and the agility to move fast.
We are preparing to launch a new medication to help address a significant unmet need for Australian patients treated with factorXa inhibitors hospitalised with a major bleed, and we are recruiting 4 Business Development Manager (BDM) roles nationally. We have roles in Victoria West, Queensland South, NSW North and NSW South.
With new product launches, there are always diverse and interesting challenges. We love it – the pace, the energy and buzz.
About the role:
This role offers an opportunity to join a team who are passionate about patient outcomes and enjoy being part of a fun, driven and supportive culture. As a Business Development Manager, you’ll play a pivotal role in the success of this product launch and make a positive impact on patients’ lives.
Reporting to the National Business Manager, you will be
- Fully empowered and have complete responsibility for building and owning account plans in collaboration with the cross functional team, to exceed customer expectations and generate outstanding sales results
- Embracing our digital tools to create excellent customer engagement
- Proactive and continuously aspire to serve customer needs, customer expectations and challenges in order to build trusted customer relationships and to achieve win-win agreements between AstraZeneca and your key stakeholders
- Curious and bring an entrepreneurial mindset to understand the patient journey, territory landscape and market dynamics to anticipate environmental changes and challenges in implementation of the brand strategy
- Representing AstraZeneca with integrity, flexibility, adaptability and an agile mindset and bring a positive attitude toward collaboration with your cross-functional colleagues
Essential for the role
- Previous experience selling to hospital specialists, knowledge and relationships in Haematology and direct oral anticoagulants (DOAC) market will be highly regarded
- Experience with a broad base of external customers in the health network, including patients, prescribers, payors and providers
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills and demonstrated project/team/cross-functional leadership capability
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills and ability to self-manage
- Experience in discussing scientific content and context to multiple audiences
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in life sciences, medical or pharmacy
Desirable for the role
- A track record of successfully developing key accounts including formulary listing and protocol development
- Experience working with Haematologists, Neurologists, Emergency physicians and Gastroenterologists
- Proven ability of building long positive relationships with both internal and external customers in complex clinical environments
- The ability to think strategically and be entrepreneurial
AstraZeneca in Australia has been formally recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). As an organisation we stand with confidence on our gender equality initiatives including pay equity, leadership development programs, and zero tolerance for gender-based harassment. This achievement exemplifies our commitment to building high performing, inclusive and diverse teams that collaborate across our enterprise, aligned to our values and strategic priority of being a Great Place to Work.
It powers each of us to make a difference to patients. From providing end to end patient support, to harnessing technology. We get to transform the practice of medicine and deliver value to healthcare systems to improve the health and well-being of lives across the world. Giving back to society is rewarding work. Committed to your development, here we believe that your best is better here. There’s borderless development with opportunities for a global exchange of talent across different functions. Get to learn from the best, invested in to identify your own path with the support to get you there.
So, what’s next?
- Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
- Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have four seats available, and we hope it’s yours.
- If you’re curious to know more then please contact Sharmia Bakar. We welcome your application.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.