Senior Technical Architect
We are looking for a Senior Technical Architect to enable our teams in delivery of Business Intelligence and Data projects to our internal customers. We are looking for people with the right mind-set and attitude who strive for close, collaborative, and empowered working environments, where individuals and teams can flourish
The primary accountability will be working with IIS leadership team, architects, Data and Analytics architects in CFIT teams in development and evolution of a coordinated BI technical strategy and roadmap. Focus will be on how to rapidly build internal capability (on/off shore, IT/business) and source technology to meet growing business expectation on how BI can get better insights from Data.
As part of this role we expect significant external due diligence to ensure we are current in BI Architecture space as well as liaising across the AZ portfolio’ to demonstrate innovation and investments in other parts of AZ.
In addition, the individual will play an oversight role on Big Data, Data Science, BI Fabric in the SSS, mentoring team members on approaches, advising projects on application of big data and data science capability as required.
The role holder should deliver tangible and measurable value to IIS, SSS and CFIT partners by advising, prototyping and delivering BI solutions.
Lastly, you will also operate, as needed, in a hands-on capacity, as part of the delivery of BI solutions within projects.
The role will report to and be supported by, the Lead BI and Data Enablement of Software Shared Services (SSS) and will work across the SSS organisation, primarily passionate about BI.
- You will partner and develop an BI technical strategy and roadmap, working with business, architecture and D&A leaders
- Your will be responsible for identifying areas for BI innovation, develop business case in alignment with IIS Leadership team and demonstrate value through prototyping and delivery of solutions
- Track external BI innovation, you will find opportunities and advise and guide on investments / vendors / partnerships (academic & commercial)
- You will be able to develop skills and raise BI awareness across IT team through regular communications (verbal / written), demonstrators projects, AI delivery, training and mentoring.
- You will support the delivery of the strategy by advising BI projects implementing solutions on standard methodology and technology application, and the oversight/delivery of enabling BI platform capability.
- You will collaborate closely with CFIT architects to ensure data and technology architectures/ investments.
- As needed, hands on delivery of BI solutions within projects.
- You will lead standard methodology, tooling, documentation and overall continuous evolution of capability
- Strong BI Architecture experience including strategy definition and execution
- Big Data/Data Science experience
- Ideally domain knowledge (processes & data): Pharma R&D.
- Strong external network and awareness in BI
- Experience of a range of Analytics architectures: traditional warehousing, Distributed computing (Hadoop), NoSQL, virtualization, semantic web, data streaming etc
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience supporting and working with multi-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Areas of specialization will include:
- Business Intelligence
- Data visualization, User Interface design
- Data analysis and design of KPI/Measures/Metrics
- Development of Reports using AZ adopted BI technologies
- Data Integration
- ETL and ELT concepts, principles and implementations
- Data Virtualization concepts, principles and implementations
- Data Management
- Data Quality with Data Profiling
- Master Data Management
- Meta Data Management
- Data Archival
- Applicable tools:
- SAP Business Objects, Qlikview/Qliksense, MicroStrategy, Thoughtspot, PowerBI
- Oracle, SQL Server, Redshift, SAP HANA
- Big Data Technologies – Hive, Impala
- Understanding of data management and integration services
- Life cycle management and capacity planning
- Creation of standards and procedures to maintain AstraZeneca's environments.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience –
- Extensive experience within Solution Architecture and system engineering experience
- Experience supporting multiple time zones/geographical regions
- Good communication skills
- Architect and Design BI solutions on tools like MicroStrategy, PowerBI, SAP Business Objects, Qlik, etc
- Developing with MySQL, SAP HANA or PostgreSQL
- Data modelling (particularly in ERWIN, Idera)
- Database design
- Agile development (SAFe, SCRUM)
- Experience with 3/5NF and Star Schemas
Behaviour and skills
- Mental Agility: critical and fast thinker, comfortable with complexity and making connections that are understandable for others – Breadth and Depth of thinking - Problem solving.
- Flexibility: Learner attitude; proven ability to take risk and be successful in different environment. Entrepreneurship. Comfortable with ambiguity and unpredictability. Forward looking.
- Self-Awareness: Has personal insight and optimally communicates
- Impact and Influence: strong drive for results - Ability to lead change optimally. Challenge status quo - Ability to impact and influence different profiles and contribute.
- Masters degree
- Proven leadership skills interacting with senior leaders
- Should have validated skills in balancing projects of mid-large size
- Should have worked in a team environment and possess good written and oral communication skills
- Good organizational and social skills
- Aptitude and motivation learn new technologies and make appropriate recommendations for consideration
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work in a dynamic environment support with minimal supervision in very large user community that is geographically dispersed
- Demonstrable skills in communicating directly with user community
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.