Quality Control Laboratory Technician
At AstraZeneca we are guided in our work by a strong set of values, and we’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. By truly following the science, we pioneer new methods, new thinking and bring unexpected teams together.
From scientists to sales, lab techs to legal, we’re on a mission to turn ideas into life-changing medicines that transform lives.
We believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
We are recruiting for analytical laboratory technicians to join our Quality Control team at our Macclesfield site. Macclesfield is AstraZeneca’s second largest manufacturing and supply site. As a laboratory technician, you will be testing products within the Quality Control Laboratory team against registered specifications to agreed customer service lead times.
- You will test formulated products, raw materials and active pharmaceutical ingredients against registered Quality Specifications you will ensure quality, safety and efficacy prior to delivery to the customer.
- You will utilise a wide range of analytical techniques to enable testing to proceed. This would include Dissolution, HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography), UV-Vis, GLC and Infra-red analysis.
- Ensuring that the appropriate quality systems are followed in order for the laboratory to meet its responsibilities with respect to GCLP, GMP and SHE.
- Use LEAN tools and techniques to optimise processes within the laboratory.
- Qualified to A level/or equivalent in Chemistry or experience of work experience in a GMP environment, ideally in the area of laboratory Quality Control.
- Experience in basic analytical techniques, electronic notebooks and data handling systems.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.