R&D Architecture Domain Lead
We have an incredible opportunity for an experienced IT Architecture Leader within the Pharmaceutical Research domain! As a senior member of the Research and Development IT Architecture group, you will take responsibility for shaping and driving the architecture across Early Science, and leadership of the Architects deployed into this area.
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. This purpose underpins everything we do. Our work helps to make hearts healthier, to help people breathe easier, and to help more people survive cancer. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people worldwide and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease. Our IT deliveries to the R&D functions are truly at the heart of making this possible.
We're looking for an individual with a real passion for strategic positioning and the value of Architecture within a key domain. Can you demonstrate outstanding interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to clearly articulate strategic messages in a compelling and exciting way? These qualities will be the foundation to your success.
We want to bring someone into AZ who will be a catalyst for change across all aspects of Early Science, someone that wants to work to partner with the business. Your passion and experience in the following areas will be key:
- Communicating difficult and challenging ideas in an engaging way
- Advocating and positioning solutions through strong value articulation
- Owning the creation of roadmaps, interim states and messaging that will inspire our business partners and underpin our IT deliveries
- Partnering with senior leadership and enterprise partners to gain consensus and be inspirational
- Building an inclusive environment and collaborating with a diverse team to get the best outcomes
You will bring together Enterprise Architects, Solution Architects, Information Architects and Engineers who will contribute to the crafting of forward-thinking applications and solutions which will transform the way that our AZ Research functions will operate. The role will require a level of international travel.
- You will have a proven background in architecture management & solution delivery
- You will need great interpersonal skills and a collaborative, enthusiastic approach to delivery
- Your style will demonstrate flexibility, understanding the balance between driving the perfect architecture against the need to deliver IT to the business
- You can show a background in forward-thinking leadership skills in order to engage, motivate and drive high performance from your team
- Exposure to and demonstrable adoption of industry standards and methodologies
- Experience of working in Early-Stage pharmaceutical development and particularly Laboratory environments.
We believe the following experience is desirable:
- Previous consultancy experience
- Experience of being a member of one or more recognised standards councils or working groups
- Broad knowledge and experience of the Healthcare industry
- An understanding of data, information, AI and Machine-Learning architectures and processes
- Agile practices and agile project delivery
If this sounds like you.. Apply Today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.