Business Intelligence Information Architect
Role – OPS (Operations) IT BI CoE Business Intelligence Information Architect
The OPS IT BI CoE team partners with operations functions that include Supply chain, Manufacturing, Quality, PTD to improve Data & Analytics capabilities for information insights. The ambition of OPS IT BI CoE is to provide premier expertise and leadership in technological solutions, BI Analytics and Information Delivery that accelerates and improves Operations Strategic Decision-making in AstraZeneca. Delivering the OPS IT BI CoE portfolio of projects and services needs people with hybrid skill sets covering technical, analytical, project management, service management, BRM and business analysis skills, combined with an excellent knowledge of AZ operations business processes.
Key Accountabilities for the BI Information Architect
You will be responsible for delivering tangible and measurable value by taking a hands-on technical role in the delivery of both large and small Business Intelligence projects. Your main focus will be on information model design, implementation and extracting\manging metadata. In addition you will also undertake a range of activities including business requirements analysis and BI solution design and delivery.
Data Scope: Supply chain, Manufacturing, Quality, PT&D
- Support the delivery of the BI portfolio, including information model design (conceptual, logical and physical), implementation, ETL, Data warehousing, visualisation and analytics and ensure consistency to current regulations, policies and standards and alignment with any agreed strategies.
- Contribute to the OPS BI information architecture roadmap and strategy, working with the Senior Information Architect and the Enterprise Architects to adhere to AstraZeneca standards.
- Maintain the integrity of the information models, in the central modelling repository (Erwin) for the OPS IT BI CoE portfolio, as they evolve and change in line with business demand.
- Coordinate with AZ Enterprise information architecture, ensuring that the OPS IT BI CoE data and information assets are available as data services and artefacts for consumption by the wider AZ enterprise that demonstrating and aligned with existing AZ information assets.
- Support (mentoring, training, etc) other BI Analysts, Engineers and Architects, etc. within BI CoE in Information Architecture and information management standard methodology.
- Collaborate with the OPS IT BI Solution Architecture capability to incorporate information management aspects into solutions supporting OPS IT BI business processes and the reference architecture
- Maintain an ongoing professional development in analytics and BI tools, and high-reaching / business intelligence techniques, master data management, information management and architecture, and vendor developments.
- Support the overall BI Engineering/Architecture capability development including staff recruitment, strategy development, technology adoption, training strategies, etc..
- Establish strong working relationships with operations customer groups to develop an in-depth understanding of business priorities, data requirements & use and early insight into changing needs.
- Actively support the further development of Information Architecture capabilities (processes, standard methodologies, tools etc.). Test and quality assess new IA tools and products.
Skills and Capability
Supply chain, Manufacturing, Quality
We would like you to have or to develop an understanding in the below areas below and a deep understanding of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- AZ supply chain, manufacturing, Quality business process that helps to provide an appropriate data model/data entity solution
- Production planning, procure to pay, sales order management, Deviations, compliant process, APO SNP, APO PPDS, master data systems
Tool & Technology Experience
- Do you have experience with & knowledge in a broad base of BI & IA tools?
- We would like you to have knowledge if our preferred tools Erwin/Idera, SQL/PL Sql languages, Business objects/Qlik/Power BI, Informatica/BODS/Talend, SQL/Oracle, SAP HANA databases Big Data technologies e.g. Hadoop, Map Reduce, Hive etc. AWS/Cloudera cloud
Required Technical Skills
- BI Technologies and Applications
- Information Modeling (Relational, Dimensional and Canonical)
- Database modelling and performance tuning (Oracle, MySQL)
- ETL and data warehousing
- Business Analysis
- Amazon Web Services Data lake principles
- Deep understanding of Data Governance principles
- Ambitious and able to work independently while at the same time being open and collaborative
- Do you have an understanding of advanced analytics that includes ML, text mining, clustering techniques?
- Have you used Data Visualisation?
- Knowledge and experience in leading edge data technologies – e.g. graph databases, Hadoop, HBase, Kafka, Avro etc.
- SAP ECC6 data model (especially MM, PP & SD)
- Service Management
- Project Management
- Vendor evaluation on BI technologies
Personal skills & experience
- Validated experience BI development / Information Architecture experience, ideally in a Pharmaceutical operations domain
- Excellent Influencing and Innovation skills
- Good interpersonal skills and passion for customers
- Ability to make decisions in pressure situations
- Experience with a range of development methodologies and tools, especially Agile approaches such as Scrum
- Experience of working with external suppliers
- Strong Collaboration skills
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Strong facilitation skills with the ability to work with others to achieve objectives
- The ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- A self-starter with high levels of drive, energy, resilience
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.