Training Business Partner
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
The Training Business Partner will be providing comprehensive training & development support through Business Partnering with key client groups to ensure that the Liverpool Site has state-of-the-art skills and capabilities to deliver short term and longer term strategic goals.
An accomplished Learning and Development professional with proven experience of technical training & development in addition to working with Early Talent Programmes e.g. Apprentices/Graduates preferably within a GMP manufacturing environment. The succeeding candidate will be expected to interpret corporate requirements and communicate then deliver them in alignment with site strategic objectives while influencing corporate strategic planning.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- To provide Partnering Support to client groups in all training areas (e.g. Needs Analysis, Design, Delivery, Solution, Compliance, Metrics and Evaluation), by building and strengthening effective relationships with the Manager group on site and by having a sound business understanding of Functional, Site and Corporate priorities
- Understand skill and capability requirements for client groups linked to Site Strategy and build effective and novel learning solutions
- Ensure that any site-specific technical training implementations/modifications are reviewed and adhere to corporate technical training philosophy
- Design and deliver a range of innovative learning solutions to support client needs and skills gaps
- Collaborate with Human Resources and managers to influence new hire requirements and the development of skillset and capabilities
- Management and Delivery of Site Inductions for all new starters, on-site
- Support client groups with Curricula development and in developing and maintaining departmental inductions.
- Provide coaching to departmental Trainers and/or Assessors.
- Build links and collaborate with the broader AstraZeneca Training and Development organisation and external networks to understand key trends and best practice
- Champion and Promote Lean attitude and tools within client groups
- Support and manage the Early Talent Programmes
- Management of Key projects
Requirements / Qualifications:
- It is likely that the job holder will be of graduate caliber, although this is not essential as the individual may have a relevant professional training qualification
- Comprehensive experience in all areas of the training cycle, preferably within manufacturing environment within the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of developing and delivering technical training is essential
- Awareness of project management tools and techniques and Lean methodologies, would be an advantage
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the capability to deal with all levels within the organisation
- Good planning and organisational skills required as is the ability to impact strategic training requirements
- Excellent presentation skills in relation to design as well as delivery
- Experience of utilising a variety of learning technologies and platforms
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.