Senior Manager Manufacturing
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day.
You may not feel you're at the frontline of research but your role in changing patients' lives is critical. Our mission is ambitious, and it takes the skills of a collaborative team to really deliver on what science can do.
Are you looking for an exciting new leadership opportunity where you can develop your skills within Manufacturing? If so, this is an excellent opportunity for you to support the Manufacturing Director in setting the strategy for Manufacturing at our biologics site in Speke, Liverpool.
As an inspirational leader, you'll provide vision and leadership to the manufacturing team and be instrumental in driving organisational and process improvements.
As an integral member of the Manufacturing Leadership Team and a member of the extended leadership team, you will play a key contributing role in ensuring the values, culture, goals and growth of the department and site.
- Leading and mentoring a team of 8 Team Managers, we're looking for you to be an inspiring leader, who is passionate in driving performance to meet business needs.
- With experience of working within a regulated environment, you'll make sure your team operate within the required standards with respect to documentation, good house keeping, cGMP, health and safety, timekeeping, regulatory legislative requirements and in accordance with any other company policies and procedures.
- We'll expect you to have experience of leading a team through transformational Lean change. Working knowledge of Manufacturing Excellence or Lean methodology and ensuring that it is integrated into your team’s responsibilities. We'll look to you to embrace and drive a philosophy of continuous improvement within your team.
- Collaboratively you'll work with the Manufacturing Leadership team and other functions to ensure all expectations and commitments are delivered on time in full.
- You'll be responsible for leading manufacturing operations and the actions required to assure production schedules are achieved within the operational expense and capital budget. You'll ensure that the site production plan supports commercial and clinical manufacturing commitments provided via the forecast.
- A natural and confident communicator, you'll participate in Regulatory Inspections (MHRA, FDA, etc) as required.
- You'll undertake specific projects relating to manufacturing. These will include identification and introduction of new equipment and processes.
- You'll explore and identify new and improved processes targeted at improvement in quality and operational performance.
Ideally you will have a pharmaceutical industry or regulated industry background.
With previous management experience you'll be confident in leading a team and driving performance to meet the company's strategic direction.
We'll expect you to demonstrate Lean behaviours and to use relevant lean tools and techniques. You'll ensure benefits are realised and a culture of Continuous Improvement is built both within Manufacturing and across the suppliers we work with. Experience of working with seasonal or temporary resource would be beneficial.
A degree qualification in or equivalent in Business, Logistics, Sciences or Engineering is desirable.
You'll have a strong awareness and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices and Safety, Health and Environmental requirements.
Experience of working in an unionised environment is beneficial but not essential.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.