Medical Scientific Liaison
Scientific Information Management and Dissemination
- Keep him/herself up-to-date in therapeutic area and product knowledge (including competitors);
- Regular meeting with Opinion Leaders and Influence groups to build partnership, share data, request support and provide support including publications, slide sets;
- Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved AZ products or unapproved uses of approved products, presenting such information in an objective, well balanced, substantiated manner that is scientific in tone and content, free of promotional messages, truthful, and is not misleading.
- Appropriately share data with HCPs discussing all aspects of the data in a scientific, objective and balanced way;
- Respond to requests by HCPs for information about clinical/ scientific data relating to products in line with local legislation;
- Facilitate continuous medical education events for HCPs;
- Undertake activities that contribute to the implementation of Risk Minimization Plans;
- Meet with peers regularly for formal shared learning and debrief with affiliate and revise shared objectives;
- Attend scientific meetings.
Building Opinion Leader Relationships
- Identify and partner with national, regional/local Opinion Leaders and influence or advocacy groups for AstraZeneca products;
- Serve as information source for HCPs;
- Work with HCPs as partners in scientific activities that help advance disease understanding and are consistent with Medical Affairs strategy & objectives, such as:
- Identify potential speakers and train speakers as appropriate for local events
- Provide recommendations for advisory board participants and serve as faculty/facilitators for advisory board meetings.
Contribution to Brand Strategy by supporting cross-functional team(s)
- Provide AZ with an understanding of the local medical community landscape, clinical practice trends and real and/or perceived gaps in current scientific knowledge and medical treatment;
- Support of pre-launch activities for new therapeutic area, products and line extensions;
- Share HCPs insight and customer needs with cross-functional team;
- Share educational highlights and insight gathered while at scientific congress with colleagues;
- Monitor the competitors’ activities.
Facilitate Local Clinical Research (as appropriate)
- Participate in development and conduction of local/regional studies (incl. non-interventional studies);
- Upon request, assist with various aspects of local clinical trials, including scientific support, site selection and operational issues or feasibility assessments.