Global Media Strategy Leader
Role: Global Media Strategy Leader
Location: Cambridge UK, Paris France, Madrid Spain
Opening date for applications: 17th October 2019
Closing date for applications: 15th November 2019
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re resetting expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
As part of the Omnichannel Strategy and Optimisation Team within AstraZeneca’s Global Commercial Digital and Innovation Department, you will assist in crafting our organisation’s global approach to paid media planning/buying as well as introducing paid media to international markets as a mechanism to achieve brand marketing goals. This includes making specific strategic recommendations for how individual markets and brands incorporate paid media into their promotional marketing mix. You will be responsible for establishing relationships with global and local marketing teams in key European markets, media agencies, extended business teams, and channel partners to champion the adoption, design, expansion and measurement of media campaigns targeted to healthcare professional and customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be the primary internal point of contact within for all media planning activities and provide strategic mentorship on in market campaigns
- You will collaborate with the Director, Global Media Strategy to establish and develop AstraZeneca’s global media agency framework and planning competency, and ensure adherence to corporate and brand safety standards and compliance with all local regulations
- You will manage and lead the Media Agency responsible for planning, buying, performance management and optimisation of integrated paid media campaigns
- You will establish market specific media buying best practices and provide guidance on ad formats, placements, brand safety, and ad verification standards, etc.
- You will develop and lead media strategy and planning for key markets and; provide oversight of media planning activities to ensure that the plans reflect the goals and objectives of related brands.
- You will partner with the Omnichannel teams on the integration of media channels into digital omnichannel marketing campaigns for priority brands
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Solid paid media experience across Digital channels (paid search, paid social, display banner and online video advertising) and print planning or buying including search marketing
- Knowledge of international paid media regulations is preferred
- Client relationship / Internal management experience
- Proven and measurable experience planning, developing and implementing media plans, ideally cross-channel.
- Current knowledge of digital media trends and technologies including ad networks, exchanges, DSPs, DMPs and RTB platforms; display, video and rich media advertising; programmatic buying, social media and mobile advertising; native ad units and content marketing, etc strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the use of 1st and 3rd party data for targeting, segmentation.
- Comfortable working in an international corporate environment, prioritising multiple high-level projects.
- Experience working in regulated industries, pharmaceutical industry experience is advantageous.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including listening as well as explaining complex ideas and technologies.
Regular European travel is required
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.