Country Head SMM
Site Management & Monitoring (SM&M) is a part of Global Development Operations in the R&D Biopharmaceuticals and executes and delivers interventional clinical studies (phase II – IV). The local SM&M line management function for execution of clinical studies in Ukraine is hosted by the AstraZeneca Ukraine Marketing Company and the position as Country Head (CH) is placed in Kiev, Ukraine. The SM&M team in Ukraine is an important contributor for AZ Clinical studies. AstraZeneca Ukraine strives to be a leading partner in the continued effort to improve patient and public health across the country. This work is conducted in close collaboration with stakeholders in the health care and academic medical institutions.
- Accountability for delivering all clinical interventional studies in the country according to agreed resources, budget and timelines, complying with AZ Procedural Documents, international guidelines such as ICH-GCP as well as relevant local regulations.
- Line managing a dedicated group(s) of staff and local leadership team
- Planning and utilization of staff resources, assigned budget, objective setting and performance follow-up.
- Contributing to regional and global workstreams for overall clinical operations success
- Successful career in Clinical Operations > 7 years with solid people management and strategic planning experience
- Enterprise & scientific mindset
- Excellent influence, project management & decision-making skills
Specific terms: local Ukrainian employment contract, based in Kiev, reporting to Jan Baer
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.