Medical affairs learning and development
Medical affairs learning and development
At AstraZeneca we embrace a company culture that is personal and welcoming. It was built by our employees, is maintained by them, and is stronger because of them. It brings out the best in every one-off us and provides the framework for how we want to grow. As an organization, we are committed to delivering consistently high ethical standards of practice worldwide. We are driven by the desire to develop innovative medicines that bring hope and improve lives.
- The Medical affairs learning and development supports the Medical department on strategic and tactical level driven by business acumen and ecosystem knowledge. This function will support the transition of Medical Affairs into a pro-active co-creating and strategic partner for both our organization and external stakeholders.
- The Medical affairs learning and development has to develop, maintain and deploy training and capability building programs for all positions within the Medical Department, including the onboarding of new colleagues, to meet key performance objectives.
- The Medical affairs learning and development will collaborate directly with Medical Excellence peers and country medical teams to understand internal and external environment and dynamics at the regional and local level and related competency gaps.
- Develop and support change management plans and associated organizational effectiveness initiatives, on ‘KPI thinking and acting’
- Develop, maintain and deploy training and capability building programs for Medical, incl. onboarding of new colleagues:
- Focus on Medical 2.0 capabilities and behaviors
- Incl. quality and compliance standards, SOPs, processes and tools
- co-creation and co-execution of innovative solutions and propositions across the portfolio with internal and external partners on national and international level
- Enhance the omni channel and digital capabilities and platforms in collaboration with IBEX
- Monitor existing and upcoming competency gaps based on external and internal demands and translate them in training and development plans
- Support the Medical leadership team to drive alignment and coordination of goals, priorities, and efforts across Medical Affairs, and with other groups globally.
- Be responsible for the Medical Excellence Budget.
The Medical Excellence Manager will report into the Medical Director AZIL.
- 2+ years' experience of working on a L&D Manager٫ Training Manager or other relevant position
- Vast experience in conducting trainings / coaching
- Significant experience with effective learning and development methods
- Project management skills
- Experience as middle or senior management
- Entrepreneurial: combines organizational, operational, business excellence, relationship with understanding of Medical strategic priorities to act at a higher level
- Proven ability to interact widely and effectively within the company across regions, functions and cultures
- Ability to set and manage priorities, resources, performance targets and project initiatives in a multinational matrix environment
- Good execution ability and self-motivation
- Excellent communications (incl. very good presentation skills) and relationship building capacity and ability to listen, understand and integrate competence needs into learning and training programs and plans
- Affinity to digital (new media & technologies) / digital, data and design-thinking
- Completed degree in life sciences or comparable: Medical Doctor, pharmaceutical or biomedical degree or equivalent by experience
- Working experience in the pharmaceutical industry relevant for this function (e.g. Medical Affairs, Sales & Marketing Management, Market Access, public affairs, Learning & Development and/or a health care analytics/services organization within the pharmaceutical industry)
- Good problem solving and conflict resolution skills
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.