JOB TITLE : SENIOR CONSULTANT
CAREER LEVEL: D1
Leverage technology to impact patients and ultimately save lives
Do you have expertise in, and passion for, information technology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the IT strategy in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-led, patient-focused biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
It’s a dynamic and results-oriented environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or redefining the roles and work of colleagues, forever. Shape your own path, with support all the way. Diverse minds that work cross- functionally and broadly together.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Proficiency in traditional software programming languages including Java/J2EE (essential), and scripting languages like Python, R, Shiny, VBA Script
- Experience with Rest API and general API/microservices design, integration and use
- Basic Experience of basic Unix/Shell scripting and basic SQL knowledge an advantage
- Experience with cloud computing services (especially AWS)
- Experience with DevOps tools (e.g. Jenkins and Bamboo)
- Experience with process tools (JIRA, Confluence)
- Experience with CI CD tools (Ansible, etc) and should have implemented them in the past
- Database skills (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Experience Application servers (e.g, Weblogic, JBOSS, etc)
- Experience with Monitoring tools like Splunk and AppDynamics
- Experience of vendor/technology selection to fulfill specific gaps in the solution stack
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience working with global teams, delivering and supporting solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience with ITSM toolsets like ServiceNow or BMC Remedy
- Understanding of/integration with commercial off the shelf systems like LIMS, eLN
- Understanding of analytics tools such as TIBCO Spotfire, D360
- Working with integration tools such as Mulesoft
- Working with fast paced research and informatics environments
- Experience in pharma or biotech is an advantage but not a prerequisite
- API migration experience
WHY JOIN US ?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering premier technology and data solutions.
We’re not afraid to take ownership and run with it. Empowered with unrivalled freedom. Put simply, it’s because we make a significant impact. Everything we do matters.
SO, WHAT’S NEXT?
Are you already envisioning yourself joining our team? Good, because we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply and we’ll be in touch as soon as we can.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.