Key Accounts Manager-Oncology (Zoladex 10.8 mg)
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. Making the impossible a reality can mean taking a chance on an idea and investing in our exceptional capacity for innovation and discovery. We champion trying new things, and we nurture a test and learn culture that means we are always progressing close to our goals. If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop account strategy and plans
- Identify opportunities and strategies to improve positioning of AZ's Oncology products at a local level.
- Work with Sales Manager to develop a local strategy and business plan to meet targets and further improve positioning of AZ's Oncology products at a local level.
Create deep stakeholder relationships
- Engage Oncology HCPs in dialogue about approved indications, product efficacy / safety profiles and treatment protocols to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- Establish and maintain ongoing, long term collaborative relationships
- Share stakeholder insight and information within AZ to strengthen relevant activities, e.g., product development, marketing, sales efforts.
Build capability and knowledge in healthcare eco-system
- Build knowledge and understanding about AZ's overall Oncology value proposition, and product's labeled indications and efficacy data among all relevant stakeholders in the MDT and DMU.
- Utilise different communication approaches, techniques and channels to help build knowledge in the MDT and DMU, including.
- Conduct science-based discussions with the HCP as per the approved indications of AZ's products.
- Arrange multidisciplinary workshops for physicians and other healthcare professionals.
- Arrange and coordinate effective speaker programmes with physician advocates and KOLs.
- Actively support Oncology nurses on relevant trainings, e.g., chemotherapy, testing solutions.
Deliver on plans and achieve sales goals on budget
- Drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts meet or exceed expectations while managing assigned budgets.
- Successfully promote the benefits of AZ's Oncology brands, using fair balance messages and the appropriate mix of promotional tools.
- Ensure AZ's products are optimally utilised in line with national/local guidelines and the product license.
- Successfully complete all training requirements, including product examinations.
- Comply with all external regulations and internal policies.
Skills and Experience:
- University Science graduate, ideally MBA from reputable institute.
- Proficient in oral and written communication (English).
- Must have 3+ years of sales experience with Pharma sector in Oncology domain.
- Should have been a high performer in sales, Cross functional engagement, strong business acumen.
- Organizational skills, good analytical skills / mind set, ability to manage complexity with a high degree of maturity.
Job Location: Chennai
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.