Local Study Associate Director
At AstraZeneca, we unlock the power of what science can do. Empowered to explore, everyday we work towards our ultimate aim – treating, preventing, modifying and even curing complex diseases.
With an unwavering belief in following the science, we unleash our curiosity. Investing in key areas, harnessing innovative technologies and taking smart risks. Help to shape the future of healthcare as we take our pipeline from strength to strength.
Embrace an environment built on lifelong learning. Never complacent, we seek opportunities to expand our knowledge. The place to build a long-term meaningful career.
Here we get to develop and grow – whether that’s working at the leading-edge or on varied stages and molecules. Working on things that have never been done before.
In return, when great science comes alive, we have the opportunity to get published.
We stand together behind a shared ambition. United by our collective passion for having a positive impact on patients’ lives. Important work that is both meaningful and fulfilling. With the potential to reach over a billion patients across the globe who are living with these complex diseases.
Background & Qualifications
- University degree, preferably from Healthcare related areas (Pharmacy, Veterinary, Chemistry, Biology, Medical etc. Faculties),
- Advanced level of English,
- Minimum 5 year experiences in Clinical Research (preferably 2 years in Project Management positions),
- Project management skills,
- Strong communication and negotiation skills,
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks,
- Basic coaching skills and good at team work,
- Financial management skills,
- Effective planning and organizational skills with result-oriented approach,
- Stakeholder management experience,
- Analytical thinking, critical reasoning ability,
- Good command of MS Office applications,
- No restriction to travel,
- Driving License,
- No military obligation for male candidates.
Summary Job Description
- Leading the local study teams (consisting of monitors and study administrators) at country level to deliver committed components of clinical studies according to agreed resources, budget and timelines
- Ensuring that study sites are identified, site qualifications performed, set up, initiated, monitored, closed and documentation archived
- Ensuring timely submissions of proper application/documents to Ethic Committee/Regulatory Authority.
- Close communication with global study teams and overall responsibility for study commitments, for timely delivery of data to required quality as agreed with global
- Creating and implementing alternative action plans proactively in order to reach the targeted patient numbers; monitoring the patience admission processes in coordination with the researchers; planning and taking the necessary precaution when required
- Ensuring the compliance of the clinical research process with ICH-GCP practices, the study protocol, AZ Global and Local Clinical SOP’s, and the Ministry of Health Clinical Research Regulations; being knowledgeable about these procedures and keeping abreast of any changes and revision
- Participating in system/process improvement projects within global and local task groups consisting of employees from different units
A high performing team, we work hard to not just meet but go beyond the needs of patients and the wider healthcare industry We leverage our partnerships with external experts across the industry, to create and communicate evidence that changes medical practice. As a partner for many, we effectively communicate complex ideas whilst seeking to understand ever-changing needs and requirements. Our valuable contribution and scientific expertise is responsible for advancing our pipeline and accelerating our pathway to finding a cure.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.