Medical Manager - Oncology
AstraZeneca is pushing the boundaries of science in order to deliver live-saving breakthrough medicines that will improve patients’ lives. In that endeavour, Medical Affairs is a key strategic partner in shaping the optimal performance of the AstraZeneca brands.
The Medical Affairs Manager is is a core member of the brand team and takes the medical lead in the therapeutic area (TA) through building scientific partnerships with Key External Experts (KEE) and other healthcare professionals through 1) strategic and educational medical affairs projects 2)
engaging key external experts (KEE) in TA 3) providing key medical input to marketing-sales-market access interface. 4) providing high quality up-to-date scientific and medical information to customers. These outputs areguaranteed through continuously building robust scientific and medical expertise on the therapeutic area, AstraZeneca products and its competitors in combination with a business acumen attitude and strong communication skills. The function is office based with a significant field presence. The MAM is a core member of the brand team, and has a key input into the medical therapeutic area strategy in partnership with the Medical Lead and as manager of the MSL.
As a MAM you will typically interact with key expert customer to build and develop strong strategic partnerships, driven by the science and the TA strategy. During these interactions that are non-promotional in nature and driven by a clear (customer) objective, customer insights are gained that feed back to the brand teams. Within this broad task, the MAM will:
1) Conduct scientific exchange and collect customer insights:
- Stay up-to-date in TA knowledge through active monitoring of the scientific literature, congress attendance and frequent interactions with Key External Experts (KEE)
- Discuss key data sets with experts in F2F contacts or group meetings in order to identify patient pathways, treatment realities in areas of medical need as guided by the TA strategy
- Build relationships with experts for advocacy development guided by the TA strategy
- Brief speakers for scientific events
- Respond to unsolicited requests for information about unapproved AstraZeneca products or unapproved uses of approved products
- Respond to medical queries via medical information platform
- Continuously improve or optimize impactful communication skills
- Interact with other MAMs from other countries or other TAs in order to exchange best practice and further shape the role
- Gain input from and co-create projects with KEE
- organizes and leads meetings with KEE in order to gain their input on well-defined data sets or projects to advance the TA strategy
2) Deliver Key medical input into the brand strategy:
- Works in a strategic partnership with the Marketing and Market Access Department
- Core member of the x-functional brand team
- High quality scientific and medical input in the Brand Teams, Brand Building Framework, strategic brand projects and Campaigns
- Responsible for reviewing and approving of promotional material - solution-driven with thorough understanding of the promotional standards code (company and local)
- Develop and execute medical affairs projects (eg. build evidence) of the brand plan according to budget and timelines
- Close follow up of the brand medical budget
3) Maintain top-notch robust scientific and medical expertise:
- Keep track of relevant scientific peer-reviewed literature in the TA
- Attend international and national scientific and medical congresses in the TA
- Engage with KEE in the TA
- Assimilate customer insights obtained through different means
- Ensure excellent up-to-date scientific knowledge in product and therapeutic area of internal colleagues through knowledge updates, medical product training sessions
- Support Clinical operations in site selection
- The MAM role is also very active in enabling other functions through internal education and support based on their knowledge from the customers and the TA.
4) Manage scientific partnerships with KEE
- Manage Externally Sponsored Research
- Follow-up of grants/chairs/scientific sponsoring with Key External Experts
5) Be compliant
- Successfully complete all training requirements
- Comply with all external regulations & internal policies
- Full understanding of AZ MSL guide, external interactions policy standards, (including, but not limited to publications policy, congress policy,…)
- Medical or Pharmacist Degree or scientific degree with PhD
- Significant and robust experience with searching, handling, assimilating, synthesizing, reporting and presenting scientific data in the health care sector
- National mobility and flexibility (organization and attendance of evening meetings)
- Excellent relational and communication skills.
- Takes initiative and proactive were needed while conscious of compliance and process rules in the company.
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge of therapeutic area or the ability to acquire this knowledge rapidly. Broad employability in other TAs is an asset.
- Medical integrity and ethical balance
- Fluent knowledge of Hebrew and English (verbal and written)
- Two years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in and knowledge of pharmaceutical medical and marketing processes
- Experience in moderation of meetings with HCPs
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams
- Business Acumen
- Proven Project management skills
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Please visit us at: https://www.astrazeneca.com/country-sites/israel.html
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you would like to be notified about future job opportunities, you can set up a job alert! Sign up on our Careers site and Manage your job alerts.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
If you would like to be notified about future job opportunities, you can set up a job alert! Sign up on the Career Homepage and Manage your job alerts.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.